Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate to Current Account Question

Options
  • 05-11-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi BOI,

I have recently changed from a Graduate account to a Current account with BOI. I have a student credit card at the moment and i was told i need to apply for a credit card again due to this change over in account types. Am I still able to make purchases on the Student Credit card while my application for the classic credit card is in progress?  And will the balance carry over to the new one automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi bizebee, 

Thank you for your post today here on Boards.ie.

When you apply to switch from one Credit Card product to another, our Credit Card team aim to make this process as seamless as possible. 

As such, your Student card will remain active until you receive your new card. Once you receive your new card you'll be able to start using it straight away. Our Credit card team will then close your Student card within 10 days of your new account opening and transfer any balance for you automatically. 

For more information on our Classic Credit card please see here

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement