Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get measured for a suit?

• 05-11-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I want to get measured for a suit but am not going to buy it from the shop,will be getting it custom made on the internet.Where will measure me and not mind me not giving them any business or maybe a could just buy the tie from them or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I think you would have to pay a tailor. I measure everyday for suits and I can measure just for measurements or for a particular style of suit but your problem is that if the measurements are even half an inch off you don't have a suit that fits. I don't know any suit shop that would offer that service. Also you would be getting in to measurements of thighs etc. These are not typical measurements that everyone would be competent enough to take.

Definitely use a tailor. But again, you may well be charged for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LemonAid

Cheers
    how much ya reckon that would cost?you work in a shop that does just measurements for a fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

LemonAid wrote: »
    Cheers
    how much ya reckon that would cost?you work in a shop that does just measurements for a fee?

I would do general measurements for free. But I wouldn't want to measure for a suit on the internet. What if it was the wrong size and it wasn't my fault? Some customers would try to blame the one person they could see. (not saying you would) . I am not sure. I think you would have to give proper full tailors a call

Advertisement