Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Justitia

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have owed a bank 4800 for my visa card for some time and was struggling to pay. I know I have spent the money, owe it, and I have a responsibility and duty to pay my debts.

I had started paying 30 a week off over the last few weeks and got letter from Intrum Justitia looking for full payment or court proceedings will follow.

I am up to my eyes in dept also elsewhere and will only be able to pay them about 20-30 euro a week off.

I am currently working and have got into this difficulty due to over spending over the years and a reduction in take home pay since 2007 of over 50%.

I will pay all debts given time as I expect an upturn in my wage packet over the next few months.

Has anyone has dealings with Intrum Justitia in the past.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

Intrum Justitia are a dutch originated collection agency. I dealt with them when i was a Credit Manager in a dutch company.

In general, if you outlay your financial situation in detail and offer a monthly payment (it should at least cover the interest and a bit of the core debt) they will be more than happy to accept the plan.Don't let the bullying tone of these letters panic you, they are bound by guidelines.
    If you can't see the forest anymore cause of the trees, I would suggest you consider a debt Councillor or MABT. Credit card debts are secondary debt and are always superseded by primary creditors like revenue or debt to gas or electric companies.
    Don't be intimidated in any way.
    Tell them what you can afford, and thats it.Don't negotiate or agree to anymore than you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 travel999

Thanks v much for your info.

PS: If they really start to give you hassle and won't work with you, state you are going to apply for help from MABs and do so.
    Mabs can negotiate on your behalf and will always give prefernce to the things you need to survive- food, rent, utilities. Intrum is well aware that they might get less with mabs.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

ive dealt with these over a small debt with littlewoods..80 euro..some man rang me and demanded 10 euro a week..i said 5 and he insisted 10..very rude and bullyish

markc2951 wrote: »
    ive dealt with these over a small debt with littlewoods..80 euro..some man rang me and demanded 10 euro a week..i said 5 and he insisted 10..very rude and bullyish

DON'T GIVE IN. you know what you can pay back-they don't.if they don't accept your offer,threaten to go through MABS. end off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 johnobertie2

they always threaten court proceedings to scare you into paying up quickly

that's their game

once you start playing ball with them they'll try to railroad you into a solution that suits them

stick with MABS

Advertisement