Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricty vs Electric Ireland

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of moving from Electric Ireland to Airtricty.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Our experience with Airtricity was they are expensive. We switched from them last year to Bord Gais and our bills fell considerably, with no change in our usage pattern.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

tcif wrote: »
    Our experience with Airtricity was they are expensive. We switched from them last year to Bord Gais and our bills fell considerably, with no change in our usage pattern.

What unit rates were you paying with Airtricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

spockety wrote: »
    What unit rates were you paying with Airtricity?

I couldn't tell you now. I know at the time we looked at their tariffs to see if we do any better with them and couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

www.uswitch.ie will answer all questions you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

macmurph wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of moving from Electric Ireland to Airtricty.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should switch every year to a new provider to take advantage of their 1 year introductory rates. Use bonkers.ie or uswitch to work out who is currently the cheapest for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Not used airtricity but have heard of some service problems even though the unit rate is cheaper issues such as over estimating usage and double billing and finding it difficult to rectify over the phone. Had three friends of mine complain of this. On the other hand my Brother has been with them years and never had a problem.

Advertisement