Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cristela [ABC] **SPOILERS**

• 05-11-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭

LOL I don't think Spoilers is really required for sitcoms but here goes! :)

I caught episode 1 and 3 of this show last night. It's actually not bad. I really liked the pilot. It struck me as having a lot of heart and was laugh out loud funny in spots which surprised me.

A brief overview. Cristela is an intern lawyer living iwth her mother, sister, her husband and their kids. She gets her intern job in the pilot working for a law firm with a good hearted boss who's prone to some racist jokes. Her co-workers are a spoilt girl who's an airhead and the bosses daughter and another guy who is harmless enoguh. Her mother spouts stuff about the old country and how they were so poor most of the time. Aside from her family there's also another family friend who hangs out and continually drops hints to try and get with Cristela.

All of the above should be really annoying after a while but they're pulling it together fairly well I think. I'm only 2 episodes down but it's good so far. Ironically it's some of the racial stereotyping that makes the show interesting. It's quite a case of latinos having a laugh at what the general population think of them. You find yourself laughing with the characters than at them and I think it's great.

Although I haven't caught episode 2, I thought episode 3 was a bit homogenised compared to the pilot. I enjoyed that more becuase it seemed edgier. They seem to have kind of blanded down some aspects of the show since they went to full production however I have only watched 1 regular episode so I may be wrong. It's the best new comedy I've watched so far however I'm comparing it to Black-ish, Bad Judge and Mullaney so the bar isn't very high. So far though it definitely has something though so ir probably merits a watch if anyone has some spare time around here!

Comments

Advertisement