Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from ITT to DIT

Options
  • 05-11-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I'm a first year Social Care student in ITT. I want to transfer to DIT for the same course, I'm willing to re enter at first year even though I will have done a year in ITT already. I was just wondering if this is possible, as I have done work experience before and covered many topics already that I would study in first year in DIT. The commuting takes me too long to get to ITT and it is a very isolating experience. It takes me a half and hour bus journey into town and then 40/50 minutes on another bus out. Especially if the rest of your course live on the Southside and you can't take part in many college activities as it takes too long to get home. I didn't meet the points for the course in DIT but I did fulfil all the requirements. (Eg honours in at least 4 subjects) Any replies or helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi there ,

Yes , it is possible , best have a read here http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/advancedentry/#d.en.41155

I've heard its possible , for some courses anyway , to start in the 2nd semester of the course if you pass your first semester exams . Probably best to get in contact with DIT registry office to find out in better detail .

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ndunnex

thank you for replying! yes I will get in contact with DIT soon, really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Advertisement