Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

switching title deeds on a mortgage

• 05-11-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi.

I have 2 investment properties and a home. One investment property has a tracker mortgage and only worth half the amount borrowed. I used security from the second investment property by giving the title deeds to the bank no mortgage on this. This was done 8 years ago and the bank still have not requested the title deeds from the solicitor.

I need to sell the investment property that has no mortgage. I have asked the bank can i switch the security from the investment property to my home house which is worth 3 times the value and no mortgage. They have said no.

I presume as it is the family home, they have no interest.

Can the bank do this, or could i contact the National Consumer Agency.

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I can't see that the bank is in any way wrong. Neither can I see any role for the NCA.

Can you negotiate with the bank about using part of the proceeds of the sale to reduce the mortgage debt on your NE property?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jer1

If i sell the property with no mortage it will just about cover the second property. I have no arrears on the mortage. I need to sell as i need the money for personal reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

You are in a bind, then. But look again at what I said: it might not be necessary to clear the mortgage on the NE property, just reduce it somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jer1

Thanks, I have got my solicitor to appeal the decision. Is it uncommon for the bank not to look for the title deeds from the other house even after 8 years ?

Advertisement