Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVD upgrades..

Options
  • 05-11-2014 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Hiya. Just got myself an SVD, guy said it was King Arms but after looking at a comparison rewiew online I'm not so sure....

Anyway, I am new to the springer world and was wondering if anyone could help me get the most our of this rifle.
    What should I do to improve range and accuracy?
    Names of parts please... I know I need a new hop rubber and maybe tbb but has anyone actually done an SVD and can name the actual part?
    Also what weight of bb should I use? 0.25g?

Thanks for your patience....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Airsoft pro.cz have a few upgrade parts:
    *A new hop chamber to allow for easier adjustment (wheel instead of allen key)
    *An extender for the bolt handle to allow it to be pulled back more easily

They also do a CO2 kit but that puts it over the 1J limit as far as i know - useful if you are taking it abroad

I would use the .25 or even higher. Your first hit needs to be more accurate so you can't spray and pray and will need to minimise wind impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

hiya thanks for the reply, the fella I got it off told me there was a new hop unit in it, ive put in a picture... I think it is the one your on about.

what about a tight bore barrel?
    Is there a better type of hop rubber to use?
    What about upgraded piston and cylinder etc?

hiya just discovered when im using the open sights, the bb comes out off centre. its straight enough just not in line with the sights, like its coming from beside the barrel.... any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

tyrone03 wrote: »
    hiya just discovered when im using the open sights, the bb comes out off centre. its straight enough just not in line with the sights, like its coming from beside the barrel.... any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Yup that hop up looks to be the airsoft-pro one.

Does the BB veer off to one side at the very end? If so, the hop up rubber is not aligned correctly and is putting the spin on the bb to the left/right.

If its just dipping down as normal, you should adjust the sights, or you could pack the barrel on the side that it favours with some tape. That will force the barrel over to correct it. Don't just pack at the front of the barrel. You need to do it at front, rear and middle to correct for parallax.

Ok, I stripped the gun, cleaned all the parts and reassembled..... bb now coming from were its ment to i.e. wer the sights are pointing. As its dark I will need to adjust the hop in the daylight.

Now some more questions...

what weight of bb should I use.. 0.25g or 0.28g?
    whats the best hop rubber and nub to get?
    whats the best dia of barrel to use?

Oh this is the A&K model and not the King Arms one, got that mixed up earlier on.....

• Advertisement

I would go with 0.28's if possible. As a sniper you shouldn't be laying down the fire so the price premium on the heavier weight is minimal. I got some .3's and .4's that i'm going to try out to see how they go.

Generaly the default best hop rubber in Ireland is the G&G Green. If you want to apply more hop, you could try the madbull fishbone nub or something similar.

Barrel wise I would go for widebore (6.04-6.08) if you plan on upgrading. As a sniper you are going for accuracy and repeat-ability and for that the general theory is to go with widebore as that allows the bb to roll along the top of the barrel and therefore maintain consistency. A tightbore will generally increase fps at the cost of accuracy due to bb's hitting the barrel on the way down. Obviously if you get a nice high quality tbb that will be less likely to have the impact problem.
    A simple improvement without any cost is to simply give the barrel a clean. That will help get rid of any dirt inside the barrel that will affect the bb's flight.

hiya, was recommended and have fitted an asg black rubber. need to replace my nub thou as its a non std one..
    and tried .25s.... as my nub is gone the hop cant be set so will have to wait.....
    on a side note the 0.25s are useless in my ak47, 0.2s have great range but tail off at the end, the 0.25s have no range, double feed sometimes and are so crazy they go everywere.....
    cleaned the barrel on the svd, lovely and shiny now...

Advertisement