Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plugs/Power Supplies

• 05-11-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

I've a few Japanese consoles at the moment and I'd like to move away from using converters as it's a bit of a pain, especially coming up to Christmas when I'll probably be hauling a couple of the consoles around to friends' places for beer fueled gaming festivities.

I know absolutely nothing about electronics and I can't tell my watts from my volts so am hoping someone more educated in these matters can help me.

I've been using a Mega Drive 1 plug on my Famicom and that's been working great so I'd like to get a couple of plugs that will do a similar job for the other Japanese consoles. Anyone got any recommendations (other than trying to source a few more Mega Drive plugs).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Depends on what consoles you have and whether they have internal or external power supplies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I basically did what you don't want to do - sourced more Megadrive 1 PSUs.

Use one now with my Super Famicom and PC Engine. Both work grand.

Should be able to get a compatible 3rd party one on ebay. I did something similar for my NES which was missing it's PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Thanks for the answers, for now it's just the Famicom and Super Famicom but I've been pondering a PC Engine or Turbo Grafx for a while now.

Will take a look on ebay for some third party options.

Advertisement