Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Revised Fares from December 1st - Some Good News for North Dublin

Options
  • 05-11-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭

It may have escaped most people's notice, but buried within the NTA recent fare determination for Dublin Bus was the news that the Outer Suburban Fares are to be abolished effective December 1st and that normal fares will apply from that date onwards.

This will mean a significant reduction in most fares for anyone paying with the LEAP pay-as-you-go epurse or cash over existing fares.

To put this into context, this means that any adult travelling from any of Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush or Lusk to the City Centre on the 33 will now pay €2.60 instead of €3.50 if paying by LEAP, and €3.30 instead of €4.20 if paying cash.

Local fares within North County Dublin will now use the standard fare stage model, and will be priced at €1.50, €2.05 or €2.60 if paying with LEAP, or €1.95, €2.55, €2.80 or €3.30 if paying by cash, depending on how far you travel. This should mean most local fares reducing (with the exception of those from Balbriggan or Skerries to Swords which will rise to €2.60 on LEAP or €3.30 cash).

Also the 33X will no longer have two zones, but one flat fare, namely €3.50 using LEAP or €4.20 cash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Of course lxflyer there are many parts of rural Fingal totally devoid of any Dublin Bus service so any fare reduction is completely meaningless. Of course you can't for some daft reason can't use a leap card on the 101 service from Balbriggan unless I am mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well I posted it for the many people that use the Dublin Bus routes 33, 33a and 33x and did put the fact that I was highlighting Dublin Bus fares in the thread title.

If you think highlighting some good news for those people is a bad thing, well that's up to you.

It may not help you, but there are a lot of people who will benefit and may not have even aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

clunked wrote: »
    Of course lxflyer there are many parts of rural Fingal totally devoid of any Dublin Bus service so any fare reduction is completely meaningless. Of course you can't for some daft reason can't use a leap card on the 101 service from Balbriggan unless I am mistaken.

Well the 101 is a Bus Eireann service, not Dublin bus. I wouldn't consider it daft not to be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Off topic but...
    clunked wrote: »
    Jimdagym wrote: »
    Well the 101 is a Bus Eireann service, not Dublin bus. I wouldn't consider it daft not to be able to use it.

The leap card has been introduced to Galway City bus services last month, which are run by Bus Eireann. So it could be worth your while to contact the relevant people (Dublin bus/Bus Eireann) and ask about getting the Leap card on the 101. Only thing I can think of is that the 101 is seen as a commuter bus whereas the B.E. buses in Galway city are 'city' buses/service. :confused:

LEAP is valid on all Bus Eireann services in the eastern region in pay as you go mode except (according to all literature) the 100x and 101. I suspect this is down to not having enough ticketing machines equipped for LEAP, but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm nearly sure the 33x is now €3.50 cash and €2.85 leap, and remember that because they're getting rid of the two zones, the 41x is going up from €3.05 to €3.60 cash or on leap card from €2.50 to €2.85 :(

Ginny wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure the 33x is now €3.50 cash and €2.85 leap, and remember that because they're getting rid of the two zones, the 41x is going up from €3.05 to €3.60 cash or on leap card from €2.50 to €2.85 :(

Correction to the original post:

33X fare from December 1st: €2.85 LEAP / €3.60 cash

33x is currently €3.50 LEAP/€4.20 cash for travel in 2 zones or €2.50 LEAP/€3.05 cash for travel in one zone.

One Zone = Travel between Skerries and the M1, or between Blakes Cross and St Stephen's Green
    Two Zones = All other journeys

Therefore, the majority of journeys on the 33X will fall in price.

The 41X fares will rise from €2.50 LEAP/€3.05 cash to €2.85 LEAP/€3.60 cash.

Advertisement