Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Zombie related game (Xbox)

Options
  • 05-11-2014 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to find out what would be a great zombie game.

I am playing Dead rising 2 at the moment and find it is very good, but doesn't have any real sense of threat to it.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Walking Dead by TellTale games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Walking Dead by TellTale games

I actually played that and thought it was ****. The multiple choice one I didn't like the cellshade graphics and one with Daryl, well that was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Maybe State of Decay?

Sandbox style, hunt-and-survive-em-up. It's quite good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

allibastor wrote: »
    I actually played that and thought it was ****. The multiple choice one I didn't like the cellshade graphics and one with Daryl, well that was rubbish.

You'd be in the minority there. I'd recommend it since most people love it but check if it's for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'd be in the minority there. I'd recommend it since most people love it but check if it's for you.

I actually dislike the Telltale games' Walking Dead series too! :o

It's not that I have a short attention span, it's just that I don't like being forced in to feeling like I'm playing an interactive story where the actions are pre-scripted so "what's the point? Just shoe-horn in more narrative?"

Telltale do a very good job at investment in their characters and having to make those tough decisions, but it's just not for me either.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see what they come up with regarding Game of Thrones.

Back on topic, here's a vid of State of Decay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Maybe State of Decay?

Thanks, That actually looks quite good!

I will have a go at downloading this and giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Dead Island games are actually good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Left 4 dead would be the best by a running mile but maybe not a game to play unless you have some friends to play it with you otherwise it's a totally different experience and not a good one alone imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maybe State of Decay?

+1 for state of decay, theres an expansion out for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dead Island, Left4Dead and Left4Dead 2 would get my vote.

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army is also pretty good, but like Left4Dead, its really designed as an online game rather than a single player one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

new dead rising was pretty good on pc - dont know what its like on xbox though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wossack wrote: »
    new dead rising was pretty good on pc - dont know what its like on xbox though

Good too, but it's Xbox One only..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Dead Island is great fun but as far as narative goes its all over the place, and it can be pretty glitchy at times but it is beautiful hacking a zombie and watching bits of their skin fly off.

Advertisement