Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Revised Fares from Dec 1st: Good News for Routes 65, 84 and 84x

• 05-11-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭

It may have escaped most people's notice, but buried within the NTA recent fare determination for Dublin Bus was the news that the Outer Suburban Fares are to be abolished effective December 1st and that normal fares will apply from that date onwards.

This will mean a significant reduction in most fares for anyone paying with the LEAP pay-as-you-go epurse or cash over existing fares.

To put this into context, this means the following:

Route 65:
    Any adult travelling from any of Ballyknockan, Ballymore Eustace or Blessington, to the City Centre on the 65 will now pay €2.60 instead of €3.50 if paying by LEAP, and €3.30 instead of €4.20 if paying cash.

Local fares between Tallaght and Blessington, Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan will now use the standard fare stage model, and will be priced at €1.50, €2.05 or €2.60 if paying with LEAP, or €1.95, €2.55, €2.80 or €3.30 if paying by cash, depending on how far you travel. This should mean most local fares reducing.

Route 84:
    Any adult travelling from either Newcastle or Kilcoole to Blackrock on the 84 will now pay €2.60 instead of €3.50 if paying by LEAP, and €3.30 instead of €4.20 if paying cash.

Route 84X:
    Also the 84X will no longer have two zones, but one flat fare, namely €3.50 using LEAP or €4.20 cash.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Does it have any effect on the 145?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Not this element of the changes - the 145 uses standard fares as it is.

It will have the same changes as all the other Dublin Bus routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

lxflyer wrote: »
    Route 84:
    Any adult travelling from either Newcastle or Kilcoole to Blackrock on the 84 will now pay €2.60 instead of €3.50 if paying by LEAP, and €3.30 instead of €4.20 if paying cash.

I wonder if anybody has ever actually travelled from Newcastle/Kilcoole to Blackrock on the 84. Any time I've seen one north of Cherrywood, it's been completely empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

RayM wrote: »
    I wonder if anybody has ever actually travelled from Newcastle/Kilcoole to Blackrock on the 84. Any time I've seen one north of Cherrywood, it's been completely empty.

I used it once to go to Blackrock but got on in Shankill if that counts?! :)

RayM wrote: »
    Woshy wrote: »
    I used it once to go to Blackrock but got on in Shankill if that counts?! :)

The outer suburban fares chart on the route goes back to the time that the 84 operated to/from the city.

It does affect all journeys taken from stops between Blackrock and Cabinteely to/from Newcastle, and from between Blackrock and Stradbrook and Kilcoole.

It does carry passengers beyond Cherrywood - I've frequently seen people boarding in Blackrock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My understanding on this is that you are not supposed to be able to use the any of the rambler or 10 journey tickets on X buses. But I dont know any bus driver that has ever enforced that policy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

My understanding on this is that you are not supposed to be able to use the any of the rambler or 10 journey tickets on X buses. But I dont know any bus driver that has ever enforced that policy.

Your understanding is wrong.

Travel 90 and rambler tickets are valid on all Xpresso routes.

Correction to the original post:

84X fare from December 1st: €2.85 LEAP / €3.60 cash

Advertisement