Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Berserker wrote: »
    How can you be scared of something you know nothing about?

The poor are rising, the good times are up for you and your sort!

Lol

Care to name the rich people in this thread?

If you're not with the poor you're against them. Change is a comin!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,512 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

moxin wrote: »
    And we have posters here believing 100% that they are telling lies. All Gardai are not angels, they have bad apples too.

Yup you're right

But answer one question if you can please.

Why have these protesters NEVER posted the lead up to the alleged garda violence? The videos always strangely start right where it seems to show gardai getting heavy handed with them but always seems to be missing the VITAL minutes leading up to this action surely even you must find this suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Scannal wrote: »
    The poor are rising, the good times are up for you and your sort!

What sort? The hard working taxpayers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The barriers were there to protect Enda not the public or protesters.

Do you want to know why that is? It might be because he is being threatened and having abuse shouted at him by quite a large group. The public don't need protecting as they are the threat in this case. I highly doubt Enda is going to run in and start throwing punches but some of the crowd look like they are ready too, thus the need for the barriers and the Gardaí.

• Advertisement

Yup you're right

Why have these protesters NEVER posted the lead up to the alleged garda violence? The videos always strangely start right where it seems to show gardai getting heavy handed with them but always seems to be missing the VITAL minutes leading up to this action surely even you must find this suspicious?

Why would they record people protesting peacefully? They need to record the Gardaí using excessive force because they need proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yup you're right

I've asked, you've asked, we can all ask, but they'll never answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

*gets popcorn*

*sprinkles with gold flakes and truffle shavings*

I often buy homeless people coffee and sandwiches, i have volunteered at soup kitchens and donate to charities, so am i with them because i help them or am i against them because i can afford to help them? :confused:

What sort? The hard working taxpayers?

A lot of hard working taxpayers are out protesting.

• Advertisement

I support the water meters so must be rich too. The €250 per month student grant I live off really is a life of luxury.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've asked, you've asked, we can all ask, but they'll never answer.

I just did. In your face. :D

Why would they record people protesting peacefully? They need to record the Gardaí using excessive force because they need proof.

I have yet to see a single incident of excessive force in any of the videos posted. Care to show us an example or two?

Phoebas wrote: »
    *gets popcorn*

*sprinkles with gold flakes and truffle shavings*

Soon you'll have to make do with baked beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

But if they were all being model citizens and doing nothing whatsoever wrong, and the Gardai just started battering them around the place for no good reason, are you telling me that they wouldn't be posting footage of them being angels as further propaganda :confused:

The distinct lack of ANY footage of the minutes leading up to these confrontations where Gardai are portrayed as battering thugs speaks volumes tbh.

For Santry, the footage is there. The Gardai forced people off the road(entry to campus) so Enda's entourage can move through. They've made the situation worse by worsening people's anger as more people have turned up to protest at what happened in Santry by protesting outside Coolock Garda station. They could have handled it with a little less roughness imho. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205044072048180&set=vb.1434154033&type=2&theater
    That's simply untrue. Do you say the same about barriers at concerts or parades? It's crowd control, and without it there would be chaos and everyone would be at risk of injury or getting caught up in trouble.

Not the same thing, barriers at concerts are used to separate crowds for public safety due to the sheer numbers. In this case they are used to keep people back from getting at Enda.

Seriously?

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this - but surely footage of protesters peacefully sitting/standing there, and Gardai then charging towards them (if this actually happened) would be pure GOLD in propaganda terms?

Why is there only ever footage of them wielding their camera phones in a scuffle, roaring abuse at Gardai and accusing them of assault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

OR, they need to contrive 'examples' of Gardaí behaving as you say, to try and play the victim in the hope that they will somehow garner more support from this.

I love this idea, so 'the poor' are out to get 'the rich' so say they managed it, and they either drive 'the rich' out of the country or kill them all off what will the country do with 90% of it's tax base gone? More loans? Have fun with that!

Actually I'll know what they will do, burn the bondholders, burn them forever like the bondholders are a renewable source of income.

I often buy homeless people coffee and sandwiches, i have volunteered at soup kitchens and donate to charities, so am i with them because i help them or am i against them because i can afford to help them? :confused:

You give with one hand and take with the other. There will be less need for homeless shelters, soup kitchens etc when the change comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

M&S or Lidl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What sort of peasant would put beans on popcorn? *drops monocle*

For Santry, the footage is there. The Gardai forced people off the road(entry to campus) so Enda's entourage can move through. They've made the situation worse by worsening people's anger as more people have turned up to protest at what happened in Santry by protesting outside Coolock Garda station. They could have handled it with a little less roughness imho. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205044072048180&set=vb.1434154033&type=2&theater

Not the same thing, barriers at concerts are used to separate crowds for public safety due to the sheer numbers. In this case they are used to keep people back from getting at Enda.

And there you have it. That's why barriers are needed.

I have yet to see a single incident of excessive force in any of the videos posted. Care to show us an example or two?

I've just explained why the videos start being recorded when they are, I wasn't expecting follow up questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,492 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So were they arrested or anything?
    That kind of blockading one of the main thoroughfares in the city is economic sabotage, plain and simple.

You give with one hand and take with the other. There will be less need for homeless shelters, soup kitchens etc when the change comes.

Oh sweet jeebus you're one of those revolutionaries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

GarIT wrote: »
    I love this idea, so 'the poor' are out to get 'the rich' so say they managed it, and they either drive 'the rich' out of the country or kill them all off what will the country do with 90% of it's tax base gone? More loans? Have fun with that!

Actually I'll know what they will do, burn the bondholders, burn them forever like the bondholders are a renewable source of income.

Don't be ridiculous. They'll just pick more money from the money trees that they will grow when they take control from the 'rich'.

This change, I assume it will eliminate 'the rich'.

This country survives of two things economically, high earners and large companies, with high earners gone large companies wont be able to survive so what will Ireland do for money?

Seriously?

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this - but surely footage of protesters peacefully sitting/standing there, and Gardai then charging towards them (if this actually happened) would be pure GOLD in propaganda terms?

Why is there only ever footage of them wielding their camera phones in a scuffle, roaring abuse at Gardai and accusing them of assault?

Obviously because they weren't expecting the Gardaí to attack. Why would they when they are protesting peacfully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Judging by this thread the rich are getting scared. The numbers of people out protesting are increasing, they've had enough of people walking all over them.

Some of these statements are just getting funnier.

So it's a rich vs poor struggle now is it, with the rich represented by boards.is posters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You have sources for these numbers? Because every picture i have seen showed a couple of muppets in guy fawkes masks, November 5th irony?

Wooooosh....

Advertisement