Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,512 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Scannal wrote: »
    I've just explained why the videos start being recorded when they are, I wasn't expecting follow up questions.

You claimed it was to record incidents of excessive force, surely then you have evidence of these incidents of excessive force right? Or are you proving my point that the gardai are doing a great job by not using excessive force?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

moxin wrote: »
    Not the same thing, barriers at concerts are used to separate crowds for public safety due to the sheer numbers. In this case they are used to keep people back from getting at Enda.

And what pray tell do you think would happen if they did get close to him?

Would Gardai be expected to just stand idly by and watch as he or his driver gets lynched? No, they'd have no choice but to use force, thus endangering both themselves and the protesters and running the risk of things escalating and public or private property getting damaged.

So yes, barriers are designed to protect everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

OR, they need to contrive 'examples' of Gardaí behaving as you say, to try and play the victim in the hope that they will somehow garner more support from this.

Well first of all they should be supported anyway but no one is forcing the Gardaí to attack them, you'll have to ask them why they're attacking peaceful protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Obviously because they weren't expecting the Gardaí to attack. Why would they when they are protesting peacfully?
    After posting what must be hundreds of these videos of the Gardai (allegedly) assaulting peaceful protestors for no reason whatsoever, it never occurred to one of these media-savvy videographers to capture the peaceful events leading up to the unprovoked attack by Gardai?

Seriously?

TheZohan wrote: »
    Wooooosh....

Ya got me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

TheZohan wrote: »
    Wooooosh....

To be fair, going by some posts around here lately it wouldn't be surprising for someone to post what you did seriously!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

There was massive uproar when gardai apparently blocked a housing estate thus preventing a dad from taking his child to the hospital a few weeks back. Yet when these morons block off the city centre nothing like that is taken into account. The hypocrisy of these video camera wielding protestors is just ridiculous. I'd hate to be a guard trying to deal with it, any move at all is considered assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Obviously because they weren't expecting the Gardaí to attack. Why would they when they are protesting peacfully?

What I say was anytime a member of the force turned their back they were pushed and pushed hard, when turning to confront the assailants they are confronted by two or three aggressive thugs, the gardai separate this groups and then get accused of violence, which leads to a guard being pushed, repeat infinitely.

GarIT wrote: »
    I love this idea, so 'the poor' are out to get 'the rich' so say they managed it, and they either drive 'the rich' out of the country or kill them all off what will the country do with 90% of it's tax base gone? More loans? Have fun with that!

Actually I'll know what they will do, burn the bondholders, burn them forever like the bondholders are a renewable source of income.

What? You're going overboard there, no one mentioned killing or driving them out. Your money will be taken but you will be let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Berserker wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. They'll just pick more money from the money trees that they will grow when they take control from the 'rich'.

Doubting the Magic Money Tree? That's a paddlin'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What? You're going overboard there, no one mentioned killing or driving them out. Your money will be taken but you will be let live.

You're doing the protesters no favours posting rubbish like that.

Phoebas wrote: »
    M&S or Lidl?

Lidl. You can have one of there 35 cent bars if you behave.

So you're going to take my €250 per month and what then?

Oh sweet jeebus you're one of those revolutionaries?

I'm not really sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Your money will be taken but you will be let live.

I don't count anything less than a tenner as real money - you can have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

you'll have to ask them why they're attacking peaceful protests.

and we would, if they were. So when they do attack peaceful protestors, we'll ask.

This change, I assume it will eliminate 'the rich'.

This country survives of two things economically, high earners and large companies, with high earners gone large companies wont be able to survive so what will Ireland do for money?

We're just taking some of your riches, you can live as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So... lunatics protesting water charges outside a Garda station are surprised when the Gardai come out to move them along? No surprise there. I wonder did they try to block any Garda cars trying to get to an emergency?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Some of these statements are just getting funnier.

So it's a rich vs poor struggle now is it, with the rich represented by boards.is posters?

The rich are using high speed broadband, the poor take longer to post.

You claimed it was to record incidents of excessive force, surely then you have evidence of these incidents of excessive force right? Or are you proving my point that the gardai are doing a great job by not using excessive force?

I don't watch videos.

• Advertisement

And we have idiotic post of the day.

I don't watch videos.

Don't blame you. Badly edited fiction bores me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Agree. Those fivers are horrible. Burn or bin them, is my motto.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    After posting what must be hundreds of these videos of the Gardai (allegedly) assaulting peaceful protestors for no reason whatsoever, it never occurred to one of these media-savvy videographers to capture the peaceful events leading up to the unprovoked attack by Gardai?

Seriously?

The Gardaí might have made a surprise attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ninja Guards v Crusty Hordes.

Why do the cool movies never get made?

:(

So you're going to take my €250 per month and what then?

Well in your case you will be given more than 250 per month but your career will pay less.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So the protestors are surprised, every single time?

They really need to start seeing patterns here, all those shocks and surprises can't be good for their hearts.

And you need to start coming up with better arguments :D

We're just taking some of your riches, you can live as normal.

I thought that is what was already happening. Are you suggesting 'the rich' having to give away 61% of everything they earn isn't enough of their riches?

We'll be taking one of your ferraris.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Advertisement