Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Port MAMP

Options
  • 05-11-2014 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi,

I, trying to run MAMP (free version) and am receiving an error when I try Apache Port 8000 and also Apache 80 saying they are already in use.

Can anyone let me know how to get around this please? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

If you are on windows:

on cmd prompt

netstat -aon | findstr 80

and shut the process down in your taskmanager (skype often uses port 80 by default)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭paulsgirl

Sorry, I'm on a Macbook Air. Skype isn't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You can have a look at what is running on port 80:
    sudo lsof -i ':80'

The most likely culprit is the in built web server, have a look at Settings->Sharing->Internet Sharing

If that doesn't help, the easiest thing would be to run Apache on a different port.

Sorry very new to this with not much tech experience.

Where do I find the sudo lsof -i ':80'?

I also have the internet sharing unchecked.

I have tried running it on Port 80 and receive this error "There is a problem with the server ports. Each server must be assigned a unique port. Please check your configuration."

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

paulsgirl wrote: »
    Sorry very new to this with not much tech experience.

Where do I find the sudo lsof -i ':80'?

I also have the internet sharing unchecked.

I have tried running it on Port 80 and receive this error "There is a problem with the server ports. Each server must be assigned a unique port. Please check your configuration."
    Open spotlight, type 'terminal', and type in the command above. it should give you the process name and id (if any) of a process running on the given port, 80 in this case.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. I get this when I type that command in.

Last login: Thu Nov 6 16:07:59 on ttys000
    xxxx-MacBook-Air:~ xxxx$ sudo lsof -i ':80'

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

Thanks for your reply. I get this when I type that command in.

Last login: Thu Nov 6 16:07:59 on ttys000
    xxxx-MacBook-Air:~ xxxx$ sudo lsof -i ':80'

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

This is just an Operating System warning that you are running a command as a super user.

its ok

Enter the pw you use to login to your laptop here.

Then search identify what process is using your port 80

Alternatively (a better solution) search the docs of MAMP for a port parameter that leta you launch it on another port.

Is that in htdocs and then wp-admin file? If so where and what exactly am I looking for? Where would the port number be located? Thanks.

Is that in htdocs and then wp-admin file? If so where and what exactly am I looking for? Where would the port number be located? Thanks.

http://www.abhinavsood.com/working-apache-port-80-localhost-in-mamp-or-mamp-pro/

Thank you. Any idea what this means?

xxxxx-MacBook-Air:~ xxxx$ apachectl
    AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using xxxx-MacBook-Air.local. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
    (13)Permission denied: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
    (13)Permission denied: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    AH00015: Unable to open logs

• Advertisement

Thank you. Any idea what this means?

xxxxx-MacBook-Air:~ xxxx$ apachectl
    AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using xxxx-MacBook-Air.local. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
    (13)Permission denied: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
    (13)Permission denied: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    AH00015: Unable to open logs

You need to use sudo ie

sudo apachectrl start

Also can you edit the http conf file and change the port since it looks like that port is in use.

Open it in a text editor

I really have no idea what I'm doing and difficult to find exactly what I'm supposed to do. Can any of you guys recommend someone that may be able to help with this? Possibly somewhere that offers one to one help? I just want to set up Wordpress.org and am having so many issues. Thanks.

PM'd

If you followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz6X-MT4xKU then if you get port in use then apache is already running.

sudo apachectl -k stop

then hit the start servers in the gui

Advertisement