Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eddie Rockets IFSC

Options
  • 05-11-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

I saw a sign on the old Malaysian restaurant on North Wall Quay with Eddie Rockets branding.

I have scoured the internet for confirmation if a restaurant is going in there but to no avail. Anyone heard anything about this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

2 weeks by the looks of it

1962453_10152890922432941_3319425166071370105_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The 2 weeks to go sign was there last week. I don't see any evidence of an imminent opening apart from the sign. There is still the Malaysian restaurant logo on the front and the interior from what is partially visible throught the frosted glass just looks like an empty shell. Can everthing be kitted out in just a week?

Saying that, I think they will be a great addition to the IFSC and also for concert goers making their way up to the 3 Arena. There really isn't a proper burger/chipper joint anywhere in the vicinity, so they'll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Will be mobbed before and after gigs at the 3 Point O2 Arena.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If there is no work going on inside the unit, is it possibly just an advert for a nearby opening? I have no idea where, I haven't been down there in a while just thinking aloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I know nothing about setting up Eddie Rocket restaurants but I would imagine it takes longer than a week. I go by there a couple of times a day and was expecting to see a lot of delivery vans etc.

Not a sausage.... or a burger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

There was similar up at Beacon Court in sandyford around 2 years ago.
    A sign for Eddies went up on an empty unit, but nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

whiskeyman wrote: »
    There was similar up at Beacon Court in sandyford around 2 years ago.
    A sign for Eddies went up on an empty unit, but nothing ever happened.

Maybe it's to get everyone thinking about Eddie Rockets so they'll head off to their nearest one, could be cheap advertising for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

I sit directly opposite the building and there's been plenty of activity with people going in and out - four or five vans parked around it regularly for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maulikdesai1

i can see lights on and work going on.. shouldn't be long before we see eddie rockets get busy with office crowd during weekdays and O2 crowd on weekends. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Pizza place has been opening the last 4 years in a unit at barnhall eurospar in Leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

I'd love an Eddie's around there. Sometimes you need cheese fries to get through your work week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

T minus 1 week now

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

This will be in direct competition with Broadway on custom house square

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This will be in direct competition with Broadway on custom house square

That's a takeaway pizza place. I'm sure there's another sit down restaurant place nearby, say across the road like Milano?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

zAbbo wrote: »
    That's a takeaway pizza place. I'm sure there's another sit down restaurant place nearby, say across the road like Milano?

Broadway is a proper restaurant, I go there for lunch breaks regularly. They have excellent daily specials and I do see them as the main competition for an Eddie Rockets in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Eddie Rockets is overpriced muck!
    It used to get be good one time many moons ago and is still living off that reputation.
    You can get a lot better in most pubs around town for much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I had a look today. It is called "Rockets by Eddie Rockets". From what I see they have a much simplier interior that does not mimic an american diner. Price list is out as well. Burgers start at 5.75 up to 6.95. You can add a drink plus chips for 4 EUR so you would be able to get lunch for under a tenner. They needed to be in that price range to compete with other eateries around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

bigar wrote: »
    Broadway is a proper restaurant, I go there for lunch breaks regularly. They have excellent daily specials and I do see them as the main competition for an Eddie Rockets in that area.

Broadway is good, but I have to say, Star Pizza is a lot better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Opened during the week in IFSC opposite Spencer (formerly Clarion) hotel. Known as Rockets it has a slightly different menu and geared towards more express service. Another one is opening in the Jervis SC later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ongarboy wrote: »
    Opened during the week in IFSC opposite Spencer (formerly Clarion) hotel. Known as Rockets it has a slightly different menu and geared towards more express service.

The Baggot Street one has been made over in this style too, are they all going this way? Would be a pity cos I just discovered a couple of burgers on the 'old' menu that I really like...

• Advertisement
Advertisement