Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capacitors

Options
  • 05-11-2014 6:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4

Hello all
    Just looking for some help i recently flew a capacitor in my battery charger (golf Buggy). I went to Maplins but they did not have any in stock and did not know when or if they would have it in stock again.Do any of you guys out there know I might get one in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Hi there have you tried radionics.ie if you know the spec of the capacitor you can order online or call into the shop and show them.

I am not from dublin myself so i cant help you, but there is directions on the website .

Hope it helps and let us know how you get on hope the capacitor blewing wasnt too scary :( When i was in college a fella beside me messing had a brown trouser moment with one:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

Backi in the college days there was a place near sundrive garda station where i used to get parts for electronic projects - cant erm whether it was radionics or farnell... And not sure if its still there.

Farnell deliver too - but its been a while since i used them - not sure what the charges are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

GEORED wrote: »
    Hello all
    Just looking for some help i recently flew a capacitor in my battery charger (golf Buggy). I went to Maplins but they did not have any in stock and did not know when or if they would have it in stock again.Do any of you guys out there know I might get one in Dublin.

Electromotors in Glasnevin Industrial Estate would be a good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Agree electromotors would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Jimmy_M wrote: »
    Backi in the college days there was a place near sundrive garda station where i used to get parts for electronic projects - cant erm whether it was radionics or farnell... And not sure if its still there.

Farnell deliver too - but its been a while since i used them - not sure what the charges are.

That's radionics you're thinkin of.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 GEORED

I did try RS in Dublin who had the capacitor @ 34 cent but they only sold them in 5s its less than 2 euro no big deal but they then told me that as I did not have an account with them I would have to spend a minimum of 15 euro if I wanted the part.

Advertisement