Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Justifying : Its easy,anybody else do it?

• 05-11-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

For instance, today I've justified a new lid because I can't be arsed removing the shaded foggy from the lid I'm using at the mo, I start work early in the morning and as its dark going in, will need a lid thats clear on the trip in, but has a pull down shady on the way home
    I don't need it, but I can justify it, its easy, anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

yup, all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Yep but what though? serious3?
    I have it in my power to justify a go pro 3, cause it might help me in court. and I need one to show I'm in the right.

I can justify other things too haha

I justified a quad for myself by telling myself I'd put a seat on the back for the young lad..... That was 2 years ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I justified selling a bmw gs and getting a ducati hypermotard because it's more practical

Oh I'm trying not justify an arai tour helmet, coz my shark s700 doesn't suit the style of bike I have at the minute....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

TOOLS. No matter what tool aldi or lidl have I can justify buying it because I might need it some day for the bike or general diy. I mean like I have a poxy welder from aldi:P WTF am I doing with a welder:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I justified buying the bike. Had absolutely no need for it and nowhere to keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

TOOLS. No matter what tool aldi or lidl have I can justify buying it because I might need it some day for the bike or general diy. I mean like I have a poxy welder from aldi:P WTF am I doing with a welder:p

Lidl and Aldi are a curse sometimes, this sums them up nicely!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7jyXCQ2Zc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I have it in my power to justify a go pro 3, cause it might help me in court. and I need one to show I'm in the right.

The new entry level one makes it easier to justify an all :D

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3179488/Trail/searchtext%3EGO+PRO.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Cienciano wrote: »
    I justified selling a bmw gs and getting a ducati hypermotard because it's more practical
    You're playing this game on expert level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep when I go to the Bike Show in Birmingham in 2 weeks I will be getting ALOT OF STUFF I and try to justify it on the plane home!

I've justified the aldi/lidl saw, only a tenner and comes with a couple of blades with a bit of heft to it. I may need it sometime in the future, and would hate to be without it - Justified :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've always biked on a shoe string.. But I justify wheelies all the time with the excuse that I actually don't ride very fast (lets forget the three penalty points received a few weeks ago :p )

Like Richard Tea I buy tools all the fecking time, and mostly Aldi/Lidl too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yep when I go to the Bike Show in Birmingham in 2 weeks I will be getting ALOT OF STUFF I and try to justify it on the plane home!

Ditto.
    Trying to avoid going too mad tbh.

Strong Sterling this year mean everything will be dearer. I'm going to price stuff here first so I can do a quick sum on the day. I suspect some stuff will be cheaper here this time.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

There's always a workaround, but how do you guys justify a trip to Birmingham to save a couple of quid? Did youse bunk off maths in secondary? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Pretty sure a return flight was about 30 euro when booked early. And the place is attached to the Airport so there is no travel expense.

Depending on what you buy you will deffo make a very good saving.

goodlad gets full marks haha

goodlad gets full marks haha

Two of us going for the day: €59.99.

...cheaper than drving to Galway, when you add in the tolls on the M6 from Galway...

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Galwaytt, I'm not convinced, 60 quid and all the other incidentals that have to be added on, do not justify a lid at a knock down price.
    However, if you intend going to Birmingham for a holiday on that particular date - Justified :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I usually left justify all my posts.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I've been trying to justify buying a tomtom rider all week.
    I still can't!!!!
    Is this a fail or a good thing?..:confused:

blade1 wrote: »
    I've been trying to justify buying a tomtom rider all week.
    I still can't!!!!
    Is this a fail or a good thing?..:confused:

I justified mine. .... cos someone else paid for it... €700 at the time. !!

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Trying to justidy Dianese leathers :pac:

I think I need to convince myself a ltitle more.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Trying to justidy Dianese leathers :pac:

I think I need to convince myself a ltitle more.

Deffo not worth the outlay IMHO, compared to the RST leathers. Both are 1.3 to 1.4 mm leather and triple stitched. In fact if your dainese leathers need repairing they are sent to RST to be done. FACT.

So really you are paying for the name and a nice colour scheme. Not worth the extra €500 over RST

There's always a workaround, but how do you guys justify a trip to Birmingham to save a couple of quid? Did youse bunk off maths in secondary? :)

Return flights are costing me €20 to Birmingham, I will also get to do the Yamaha motocross for free and see all the latest bikes and technology. Absolute bargain even if I don't buy a thing. Even with the exchange rate I saved € 145 on a helmet there last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Bought some RST Paragon IV pants yesterday. Cause I wanted to.

If i want to see a range of bikes I'd have to travel from one end of the country to the other. ... and still only see a few. Birmingham has them all over one roof.

And I can try some out too.

No contest, bargain of the year.

Ode To The Motorist

galwaytt wrote: »
    If i want to see a range of bikes I'd have to travel from one end of the country to the other. ... and still only see a few. Birmingham has them all over one roof.

And I can try some out too.

No contest, bargain of the year.

Don't think you can road test them mate, there was an offer there last year but you had to have a full "English" license, which is a tad white tbh. People will be coming from all over Europe to this show.

Don't think you can road test them mate, there was an offer there last year but you had to have a full "English" license, which is a tad white tbh. People will be coming from all over Europe to this show.

How do you know I don't have a UK one ?? ;):)

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Deffo not worth the outlay IMHO, compared to the RST leathers. Both are 1.3 to 1.4 mm leather and triple stitched. In fact if your dainese leathers need repairing they are sent to RST to be done. FACT.

So really you are paying for the name and a nice colour scheme. Not worth the extra €500 over RST

I know a few people who race that would disagree with this. Two of them had the RST Pro Series fall apart in one crash and have had multiple spills in other stuff.
    Granted you'll pay for the higher end stuff but it definitely last better in general if you are intending flinging yourself down a track multiple times. The RST is good, cost effective stuff though. And for road use will usually do the job just as well as anything

Advertisement