Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Justifying : Its easy,anybody else do it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I justify everything in (x) multiples of €100.. Saying I'd spend that in (x) amount of Friday nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Tools. Sure I'm actually saving money I'd otherwise have to spend paying the garage.

May only use tool once (if at all) and then lose it. :o

Man who has the most tools by the time he dies, wins. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

DubVelo wrote: »
    Tools. Sure I'm actually saving money I'd otherwise have to spend paying the garage.

May only use tool once (if at all) and then lose it. :o

Man who has the most tools by the time he dies, wins. :pac:

Spot on

Currently struggling to justify this Dremel mini blow torch thing - Dremel VersaFlame - Amazon.co.uk

Only need to do a couple of little bits of soldering and a few bits of heat shrinking! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Currently struggling to justify this Dremel mini blow torch thing - Dremel VersaFlame - Amazon.co.uk

Only need to do a couple of little bits of soldering and a few bits of heat shrinking! :o
    Everyone needs a blowtorch thingy, how else are you gonna to de-carbon the baffle on your 2 stroke! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Everyone needs a blowtorch thingy, how else are you gonna to de-carbon the baffle on your 2 stroke! :D

Or light your cigars in style, while ignoring an explosion behind you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Or toast marshmallows on the couch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Looks like LIDL have spies everywhere!

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=15812

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Dremal Marshmallow toaster on Amazon lightening deal at 10.20 if anyone is interested. i PMed Dubvelo about it

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Dremal Marshmallow toaster on Amazon lightening deal at 10.20 if anyone is interested. i PMed Dubvelo about it

Damn, missed it! Presume that was 10.20AM 'cos I can't see it anywhere on there.
    Thanks anyway mate! :pac:

Now I'll be glued to that thing for the rest of the week to see what else comes up, or if it comes round again. :P

• Advertisement

Damn, missed it! Presume that was 10.20AM 'cos I can't see it anywhere on there.
    Thanks anyway mate! :pac:

Now I'll be glued to that thing for the rest of the week to see what else comes up, or if it comes round again. :P
    No worries, think it came down to about 23, and yes morning time, actually think it was about 11:20 .
    I looked it over, thought there were a few too many worrisome one stars for it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

So black friday is this friday. I will see what i can justify in the sales.

Got a Two Brother power tip for my exhausts to take the DB down about 10 and the dopes sent me the wrong part so they just refund me. Will be ordering the part from somewhere else on friday and will see what else is on sale.

US based companies usually have savage sales on for black friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

goodlad wrote: »
    So black friday is this friday. I will see what i can justify in the sales.

Got a Two Brother power tip for my exhausts to take the DB down about 10 and the dopes sent me the wrong part so they just refund me. Will be ordering the part from somewhere else on friday and will see what else is on sale.

US based companies usually have savage sales on for black friday.

What would be some good sites to watch?

dremel is up again at seven this evening, lat sale price was 22.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I have a trip to Daytona for bike week justified. Free accommodation and bike rental helped!

Just waiting to see if I can get off work for two weeks.

Apparently two weeks off at that time of year might be a problem. Fear not, I've justified packing in the job if I can't get the time off.

I'll send ye a few photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

Cienciano wrote: »
    I justified selling a bmw gs and getting a ducati hypermotard because it's more practical

But did you follow through? 😄

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Apparently two weeks off at that time of year might be a problem. Fear not, I've justified packing in the job if I can't get the time off.

I'll send ye a few photos!
    Flights booked. Roll on March 7th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..don't know how, exactly, but went to the NEC and...........ended up with - yet - another, helmet..............

Well, it was a €100 cheaper than here, and I needed it.

Allegedly :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Curiosity got the better of me over the weekend and I wanted to see if I could find a one piece set of leather that would fit me. I'm a short arse. A 5ft something hobbit. Tried on various RST suits, and ended up in a size 40 uk Tracktech Evo.

Retailed in the store for £399. Quick google search and found one online for £249.00. Didn't think twice, ordered it, and was delivered today.

Fits like a glove, actually a bit too tight in places, but hoping it'll give a bit. Length wise it is perfect.

Well chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

FarmersSon wrote: »
    Curiosity got the better of me over the weekend and I wanted to see if I could find a one piece set of leather that would fit me. I'm a short arse. A 5ft something hobbit. Tried on various RST suits, and ended up in a size 40 uk Tracktech Evo.

Retailed in the store for £399. Quick google search and found one online for £249.00. Didn't think twice, ordered it, and was delivered today.

Fits like a glove, actually a bit too tight in places, but hoping it'll give a bit. Length wise it is perfect.

Well chuffed.
    You were haunted with the fit!
    Im a size 42 so ordered a 44 to be safe.
    Nah! Wouldn't even zip up with the back protector out.
    Had to send it back and get a 46.
    Cost 40 quid to send back the 44..:mad:

Advertisement