Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse Summer Tour?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    cant see why they wont be one of the marlay park gigs to be honest, still plenty of dates free in june for them to play, would sell well with half decent support

Ireland and gig logistics make it seem unlikely. The cheapest way for them to play here is have it either side of an English date. That can't happen now. I hope it proves differently, but I won't hold my breath by now for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Mushy wrote: »
    Ireland and gig logistics make it seem unlikely. The cheapest way for them to play here is have it either side of an English date. That can't happen now. I hope it proves differently, but I won't hold my breath by now for one.

kings of leon played here last year and were in belgium the next day having done the uk the month before. I agree it usually coincides with a uk date but id still be surprised if they dont do a gig in marlay park considering the sheer amount of other gigs theyve announced across europe. Im just hoping it doesnt clash with glastonbury for me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    kings of leon played here last year and were in belgium the next day having done the uk the month before. I agree it usually coincides with a uk date but id still be surprised if they dont do a gig in marlay park considering the sheer amount of other gigs theyve announced across europe. Im just hoping it doesnt clash with glastonbury for me

Yeah I really hope it does happen too! Just can't see it to be honest. Will be guaranteed on the arena tour though.

Actually, saw a tweet from Dom being asked about an Irish show, he responded saying we will know when he does. Now I know he won't give away any info but that doesn't look great for a summer show to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Hopefully it's a stripped down your and they do away with the satellites, the lasers and all the other bollocks props

Hopefully it's a stripped down your and they do away with the satellites, the lasers and all the other bollocks props

Id say it is tbh. Some of the dates theyre playing have 3dates in a row so doubt itll be as a big a setup as their last tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah I really hope it does happen too! Just can't see it to be honest. Will be guaranteed on the arena tour though.

Actually, saw a tweet from Dom being asked about an Irish show, he responded saying we will know when he does. Now I know he won't give away any info but that doesn't look great for a summer show to me.

That tweet was actually a reply to me. Dom A usually doesn't mind leaking future tour dates so it's really not looking good.

I've accepted that it's not happening. Going to Download anyway.

That tweet was actually a reply to me. Dom A usually doesn't mind leaking future tour dates so it's really not looking good.

Thinkin bout going to download myself just for the saturday if i can get ppl to jump onboard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Whats interesting is since Download Ireland in 2006 I believe only 1 headline act at Donington since has also gigged Ireland in the same touring run Def Leppard in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Whats interesting is since Download Ireland in 2006 I believe only 1 headline act at Donington since has also gigged Ireland in the same touring run Def Leppard in 2011.

Think its cuase Festival Republic, who run MCD, run Reading, IoW, T, etc.. So they tend to just send acts here that play festivals they run..

Download acts are just too much hassle..

Has a date for the album been announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Has a date for the album been announced?

No but someone, can't remember who but I think it was one of the festival promoters, said it would be out before these festival gigs. So early May I'd say.

Any update on this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If there is a show, We wont hear about till after christmas

Nostradamus

Advertisement