Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eventbrite?

Options
  • 05-11-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hello,

Just a quick question, I'm hopefully hosting a relatively big event soon and want to sell some tickets online. I've seen Eventbrite used before. A little problem I might have is that my demographic is kinda youngish. Did anyone here ever use it? Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about them? Also do you think I should pass on the fee to the customer or should I absorb it? Also maybe ye have heard of other good online ticket sales websites?

Regards,
    DC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Hello,

Just a quick question, I'm hopefully hosting a relatively big event soon and want to sell some tickets online. I've seen Eventbrite used before. A little problem I might have is that my demographic is kinda youngish. Did anyone here ever use it? Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about them? Also do you think I should pass on the fee to the customer or should I absorb it? Also maybe ye have heard of other good online ticket sales websites?

Regards,
    DC

What is a 'relatively big event? By your 'demographic' you mean your age? Like you're still at school? Do your homework on Eventbrite, it's not hard. Eventbrite has sold more than 100 million tickets in the UK. It has diced and sliced its market and is reaching parts that others have not even thought of. They are totally out of your league. Just look at this There are half a dozen others like it. Slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

What is a 'relatively big event? By your 'demographic' you mean your age? Like you're still at school?

Relatively big - Max capacity 600
    Thanks for telling me I'm still in school I totally forgot I was! I just really want to know is it a trusted site. Would people 'trust' it just as much as paypal as I'm aware you can pay for certain tickets through paypal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Anyone over the age of 18 knows about Eventbrite. Even really old farts like me.

I do not know about last year but for 2012 they managed the ticketing for 40,000 events in 179 countries, sold 150 million tickets generating GBP1.2 billion and have 16 million site visitors a month.
    And you are worried about them?:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Anyone over the age of 18 knows about Eventbrite. Even really old farts like me.

Maybe that's why I don't know about it ;)

Honestly though they're massive figures I never knew they were that big. I've only really seen them from ads online recently. I guess that answers my questions anyways!

If you were buying a ticket would you expect to take the 'fee' or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Maybe that's why I don't know about it ;)

Honestly though they're massive figures I never knew they were that big. I've only really seen them from ads online recently. I guess that answers my questions anyways!

If you were buying a ticket would you expect to take the 'fee' or not?

depends, for a charity type gig then I'd pay the fee, for something that was making a profit you'd be best to factor the fee into the price and suck up the fee yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I use brownpapertickets.com for managing tickets for events. They're a pleasure to deal with and have excellent rates. You have excellent flexibility too with how you manage your event etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

I do not know about last year but for 2012 they managed the ticketing for 40,000 events in 179 countries, sold 150 million tickets generating GBP1.2 billion and have 16 million site visitors a month.
    And you are worried about them?:D:D

They have never made a profit and rely on continued investor funding to keep afloat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They have never made a profit and rely on continued investor funding to keep afloat.

Source??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Eventbrite made a conscious decision to scale quickly to discourage larger companies that may think about competing. There's no need for them to rush into an IPO as they raised a further $60million from investors last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement