Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External harddrive OS

Options
  • 05-11-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Im one of those weirdos who use both mac and windows. My main machine is mac right now but im building a windows machine to take over. I bought a couple of external harddrives for back ups and carrying data. I dont know which OSs to choice, except, i dont want to use FAT32 anymore.

I figured mac journaled for backing up my computer, NTFS for all my media and NTFS for carrying around data. Friend of mine then brings up that if my mac breaks and PC is ready ill have problems getting my backed up media. He recommended EXFAT. Is EXFAT the best option or should i go for Journaled/NTFS split? My PC will be a while in the making.

Any recommendations are appreciated. Wish there was one OS the works best for all!

Advertisement