Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card Capping

Options
  • 05-11-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a student leapcard and have found out about the capping on Dublin Bus (once you spend over €20 credit between Monday - Sunday, the rest of the week is free, i.e capped at €20)

I was hoping someone could tell me how it works, like which validator on the bus I should use and any other info.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Load money onto your card at any payzone agent, Irish Rail ticket machine or LUAS ticket machine.

Presuming you do not have a student 5 or 30 day rambler ticket loaded onto the card, then just pay for travel as normal via the driver, unless you are paying €2.50 for which you can use the righthand validator. The system will automatically stop deducting money you once you reach the cap, but you should still ask the driver for a fare as normal in case an inspector boards and needs to check your card.

If you have a student rambler ticket on the card then you will use a day from it by validating the card via the righthand validator, and if you want to use the epurse then use the driver's ticket machine. Again, if you are using the epurse, the system will stop deducting money you when you reach the cap, but you should still ask for fares as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Thanks. So even when I reach the €20, I still go to the drivers validator?
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

holliek wrote: »
    Thanks. So even when I reach the €20, I still go to the drivers validator?
    Thanks again

Once you've reached the cap just use the right hand validator.

Saves time and you don't need to interact with the driver.

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Once you've reached the cap just use the right hand validator.

Saves time and you don't need to interact with the driver.

Provided they don't have a rambler ticket loaded onto the card as well.

lxflyer wrote: »

If they hit their cap why would it take a day off their rambler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

lxflyer wrote: »

I won't have a rambler ticket on, I'll just be using credit so which validator should you use once the €20 cap has been reached?

I won't have a rambler ticket on, I'll just be using credit so which validator should you use once the €20 cap has been reached?

Whichever you want! It doesn't matter at that stage.

The right hand one it's alot quicker.

Advertisement