Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding foam dangerous

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys . Just putting this up again in this section so builders and tradesmen can be warned .
    I was using bostiks sealocrete sealofoam to seal off the base of a stud wall as mice were getting in from under the floor of the ajoining room .i had put in a can and half in and had covered 8 feet of wall , I was in the attic dropping it down watching it drop to the bottom . Then there was a huge fireball and massive explosion .the gas /vapour given off from the foam or propellant ignited somehow Bostik say it could even be an electrostatic discharge !!
    The damage is unbelievable for such a small quantity used .
    I know expanding foam is a very useful product and widely used .
    Has anyone else heard of this ever happening . I thought it was a harmless product as it is even sold in supermarkets . Please be careful as I consider myself lucky to not have been hurt .

Advertisement