Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riello pressure adjustment screw problem

• 05-11-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

A neighbour rang me this evening saying that there was an awful smell of oil in there utility. I took the case off the boiler and there was a nice bit of oil under the burner. I saw the oil dripping from the oil pump. Eventually I saw that it was dripping from centre of the pressure adjustment screw. I haven't come across this problem before so I'm just wondering is it a seal or what is the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Yes there is an oil seal but you will require a oil pressure gauge and FGA in order to change the seal and reset the pressure and set up the burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Yes there is an oil seal but you will require a oil pressure gauge and FGA in order to change the seal and reset the pressure and set up the burner.

Cheers for that. I'm a plumber myself so I have a pressure gauge. I checked the pressure earlier so do you think if I put on the seal that I cud just set the pressure as it was or would I need the analyser aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

hsan wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I'm a plumber myself so I have a pressure gauge. I checked the pressure earlier so do you think if I put on the seal that I cud just set the pressure as it was or would I need the analyser aswell?

You could and I would imagine it would be near enough but without the FGA your guessing. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Ya I suppose tis best to leave a service man at it. Thanks for the help billy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hsan wrote: »

Definitely need an analyser. The burner could have an incorrect nozzle, the air settings could be way off also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Also get the service guy to change the flexible oil hose if over 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

agusta wrote: »
    Also get the service guy to change the flexible oil hose if over 2 years.

GRANT Book now says every year now, I think.

Can't official give my opinion, so don't officaly ask !!!

scudo2 wrote: »
    GRANT Book now says every year now, I think.

Can't official give my opinion, so don't officaly ask !!!
    I didnt realise Grant now says every year.Its hard enough to get explain to a customer that your eighteen year old flexible hose needs to be changed.I guess if i was more established i could charge a little more and allow for changing it.so may i unofficially ask your opinion..:):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

every 15 to 20 years seems to be the norm in limerick ok agusta whether it needs it or not

jimf wrote: »
    every 15 to 20 years seems to be the norm in limerick ok agusta whether it needs it or not
    I think were the only guys changing them.At least il know if i see one a year old,il know you serviced the boiler last :).
    ps. i have run out of hoses,went to buy a new flexible hose in a trade shop,checked the date on the hose,it said 2012.I said i didnt want it so he gave me one off a new burner

• Advertisement

I think were the only guys changing them.At least il know if i see one a year old,il know you serviced the boiler last :).
    ps. i have run out of hoses,went to buy a new flexible hose in a trade shop,checked the date on the hose,it said 2012.I said i didnt want it so he gave me one off a new burner

feck off agusta don't you dare go after my customers :D:D

hope you didn't go into the place in limerick that have the balls to ask you 16.50 eu for it

feck off agusta don't you dare go after my customers :D:D
    I thought that was funny!,i got a bite :)

I thought that was funny!,i got a bite :)

of course you got a bite im getting grumpier by the day :eek:

hope you didn't go into the place in limerick that have the balls to ask you 16.50 eu for it
    no,but i have paid 14 eu in the past when i was stuck

Advertisement