Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord selling, desparately seeking housing advice

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have been privately renting, sharing with my best friend for 5 years. I have one 9 year old daughter. Our landlord has decided to sell the property and wants us out by the end of the year. My friend has decided to move back into her parent's home to try to save money to buy her own place in a couple of years. I am in full time third level education, have a part time job and am an unpaid intern also. I need to stay in the same ( or not too far away as I don't drive ) area for my daughter's school and my college. I have been receiving a partial rent allowance for about 4 years ( partial as I do work part time ). Can someone please advise me on where I should go and what I can do to find us somewhere to live, I'd be willing to live in a one bedroom property if it was in the area. Should I contact Dublin City Council? Social Welfare? Community Welfare Officer? I'm sorry if this seems like an idiotic request but I'm really overwhelmed and beginning to panic. Thank you in advance

Advertisement