Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brisbane accommodation for June 2015

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi

Hoping to be heading to Brisbane June and wondering about accommodation in the city. We will be spending time in Ipswhich so was looking for accommodation that has easy access to this area. Looking for Hotel/studio and open to all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

You could try:
    realestate.com.au
    airbnb has become very popular for short term rentals.
    wotif.com

Ipswich is on the south side of the city, if you're planning on renting a car, anywhere on the south side will have access to Ipswich. Even the gold coast would be quite close.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

I worked in Ipswich for a month or so, whilst living in the city. Train takes an hour, runs every half an hour and costs around $8 each way. Which would add up. PM if you've any questions- I'm traveling down the coast now but will respond if I can as happy to help.

Edit: Regarding accommodation it really depends on what you want. I'd second the above, we used realestate.com.au to get an apartment whilst in Melbourne. Shared a place in Brisbane, and you'd be looking at Gumtree or https://flatmates.com.au for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Galwaygirl1982

A family of 5 recently used
    Airbnb.com.au/s

They ended up with a fab apartment for a week. They booked it on line . The owner emailed them a code and the full address. They entered the code and were able to retrieve the key from the safe outside. They were also were given the code for the alarm via text and that was it. They had everything they needed for the week. Some are short Term holiday apartments others are just ppl looking for 'house sitters' for when they are away.

You could also place an advert on the Facebook page 'irish in Brisbane' you might be able to rent a place when somebody is back in Ireland. A lot of Irish place adverts up and try find ppl to cover their rent while on holidays.

The weather will be cold in June !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

The weather will be cold in June !!

And by cold, you mean 15-25 degrees, generally clear and sunny ?

Winter in BNE is awesome !

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Thank you all for your replies, lots of info there, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement