Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to stay on or near Capel St?

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi thinking of heading to an event there soon, I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel or good quality b & b in the near vicinity?. And is it generally a safe area in the evening?.

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Capel Street is right in the middle of Dublin city centre so just about any central hotel would be great for there. The Morrison & the Clarence would be less than 5 minutes walk away. I think it's a really safe street, a few nice bars on it including Pantibar, Against the Grain & The Beerhouse and if you are staying in the area Brother Hubbard & Oxmanstown will sort you out for breakfast or lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Against the grain is a fair walk guessing you mean black sheep! Jury's on Parnell st would be the closest large hotel what event on capel st are you going to? I have a shop there and haven't heard about anything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

D'oh. Yes! The Black Sheep & not Against the Grain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Thanks, oh it's not an event as such, just a christmas party held by a group I'm friendly with in the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you fancy something a little smaller than Jurys there is Kingfisher across the road. If you need any secret santa stuff let me know I can hook you up!

Safety wise its fine Operation Spire has pushed a lot of the problem people away its as safe as anywhere in the City Centre maybe a little safer now the Brazilian Ju Jitsu place has opened last thing some scummer wants is to start on someone then find out its a group out for a few drinks after a session in the gym there!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement