Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 year old looking to invest/save

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Great insight there folks thanks. I have no eagerness to start trading asap so i deffo wont be jumping in blindly. I am a good reader and have a thirst for knowledge so will read read read for now. Have to say though, spreadbetting does look attractive to me right now. How long do you hold a trade for usually? Days, weeks, months?

Nice one for the tips on books, any other resources would be greatly appreciated.

Stick Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas ,on your reading list,its probably the most important book you will ever read in relation to trading .

Most of my s/b positions are originally opened on a 6mt contract ,and rolled if their going according to plan ,day trading f/x or indices would be a full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

FURET wrote: »
    Arrowloopboy has made it clear what he's talking about - betting - but I want to emphasize to the younger readers on this thread who are eager to invest that spreadbetting is not investing, not remotely.

Your right, Ben Graham wouldn't approve ,I couldn't care less about what the FTSE250/FTSE100 companies do or make that I buy,just as long as the short term outlook is good ,they don't have a habit of retracing 10% or more on a regular basis,and theirs a little momentum in the direction i'm trading ,i'm happy.
    Just don't mix betting up with gambling ,that's for fools;).

Advertisement