Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course info needed please help!! :)

Options
  • 05-11-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I graduated from gmit last year, I have a degree in Bacheler of Science in Agriculture and Environmental Management , and progressed to complete a degree in Bacheler of Science (Honours) in Rural Enterprise and Environmental Management I recieved a 2:1.

I am currently working with an Agricultural Advisor, gaining work experience. I applied to become registered to do glas and single farm payment plans but I was told I needed to have soil science and animal or crop production as a level 8 but I only did them to level 7.

Below is the education requirements needed which I don't have.

In order to be accredited as a Farm Advisory System (FAS) advisor, minimum educational attainments are required;

Educational Qualifications required to become a FAS Advisor

FETAC level 8 degree in Agricultural Science / Land Management in Agriculture

Have taken soil science and an animal or crop productionsubject as part of the level 8 Degree programme

Interested parties must hold a degree qualification awarded by NUI or equivalent (NFQ level 8) in General Agricultural Scienceand must have taken soil science and an animal or crop production subject as part of the degree programme.

Is there any course I could do online or part time or what way would I go about it?

Any information would greatly appreciated.

Advertisement