Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majora's Mask 3D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I am still at a loss as to how can you not include an AC adapter with an electrical product!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I am still at a loss as to how can you not include an AC adapter with an electrical product!!

EvilMoney.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Please, understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If you're ordering the £44.99 collectors edition from the Nintendo store to parcel motel (if they'll deliver to it, still seems random if they send to it or not), be warned that the double-sided poster is likely to come in a really long cylinder (if it's like the same size of the poster that came with the GAME-exclusive editor of link between worlds), and I don't think it'd fit in the parcel motel box. Or maybe they'll fold it, in which case it should be fine. As much as I loathe Gamestop's prices, I might just order from them to secure the collectors edition, to be safe. Wish i knew what Smyths would be gettin but I find that there can be a lot of uncertainty with them regarding which special editions they obtain etc. I wish I preordered from GAME but it's sold out on their website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems the console might be in smaller numbers than usual. Amazon France have already sold out.

• Advertisement

Seems the console might be in smaller numbers than usual. Amazon France have already sold out.

Now the Nintendo store is sold out too and the scalpers are out in full force on ebay. Game have confirmed they won't be stocking it as well.

Smyths have put up their links for the new 3ds, no sign of the Zelda one. Looks like most people here in Ireland that want it might be SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Big balls!
    Had the it in my basket on the nintendo store but got confused by the variations and decided not to fulfil until I could get home and check it out on the desktop.
    Was lulled into a false sense of security when I saw it on Amazon.fr, I thought there was going to be loads of them.
    Got home and its sold out everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

The special edition of the game (with steel book, badge, poster) is on amazon.fr for just over €61 including tax and postage. Would the game be in French though or is there language options for European releases? I kinda forget, it's a good price compared to GameStop's €80 but I want to be able to read the story :pac:

The special edition of the game (with steel book, badge, poster) is on amazon.fr for just over €61 including tax and postage. Would the game be in French though or is there language options for European releases? I kinda forget, it's a good price compared to GameStop's €80 but I want to be able to read the story :pac:

All Nintendo published games are multilingual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

30 minute preview, looks pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Comparison video! I love these...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

I just ordered the special edition from the nintendo uk site. I think they still have some in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

preview embargo jan 26th - review embargo feb 4th

*twiddles thumbs*

*twiddles thumbsticks*

Amazon Germany have put up their preorder for the console €245 inc shipping and Irish tax, grab before they're gone.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-gold-inkl-Legend-Zelda/dp/B00SA2AQG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421426261&sr=8-1&keywords=new+3ds+xl+majora
    AAANNNDDD THEY'RE GONE.
    COYVB wrote: »
    preview embargo jan 26th - review embargo feb 4th

*twiddles thumbs*

*twiddles thumbsticks*
    At least Nintendo have enough faith in their products not to withhold reviews until release or later unlike most companies now.

Apparently press copies are already out in the wild.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently press copies are already out in the wild.

Thats what COYVB is being coy about. If I'm not mistaken he is a games reviewer.

Oh aye yeah, I was being an eejit :p majoras mask is my favourite zelda (and one of my favourite games ever) so honestly, it'll be pretty hard for them to mess it up.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

At least Nintendo have enough faith in their products not to withhold reviews until release or later unlike most companies now.

They've been incredible with their review copies the past year or so, streets ahead of everyone else in the industry. 3, 4 sometimes even 5 or 6 weeks early now for most games

Ouch, Gamestop have the Majora's Mask 3ds xl available for preorder in store at an eye watering €270.

Ouch, Gamestop have the Majora's Mask 3ds xl available for preorder in store at an eye watering €270.

Is that online? Or in-store only?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is that online? Or in-store only?

In store only atm. They have only put up the standard xls online so far. Might be a good idea to see if Amazon UK put it up when they finally list the new 3ds model. Still at least €20 more than is acceptable which is typical Gamestop.

I don't see how this is so surprising. If I was realistically pricing, I'd compare it to the Nintendo Store which comes out at €268. So it's not Gamestop that are doing the "ripping off"

gubbie wrote: »
    I don't see how this is so surprising. If I was realistically pricing, I'd compare it to the Nintendo Store which comes out at €268. So it's not Gamestop that are doing the "ripping off"

The Nintendo store one also comes with an official charger, which is usually an extra €10, and the statue.

In all other Eurozone countries the console is €230, while not a realistic price in Ireland is the same price as all previous 3ds xl special editions, which retailed here at €240-€245. I was expecting it to be €260 at most here like what Gamestop charged for the Smash Bros XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They really are. No charger or statue plus €2 more.

Corholio wrote: »
    They really are. No charger or statue plus €2 more.

The statue is down as a pre order bonus, and the charger is a free gift. The €2 is tax (Actually if you take away tax, the Irish distributor gets less than the British).

The regular price for the XL is €240, so this is asking for €30 more for the game, which is really good considering the game costs €60. On the Nintendo store it's £180 (€235), which is €195.83 without 20% tax, and €240.86 with 23% tax so you're not really getting that bad a deal.

[Edit]
    I agree when you compare it to the continent. The Italian Gamestop sell the NXL for €200 which is a big difference, the USA NXL goes for $217.50/€188.13.

The statue is down as a pre order bonus, and the charger is a free gift. The €2 is tax (Actually if you take away tax, the Irish distributor gets less than the British).

The regular price for the XL is €240, so this is asking for €30 more for the game, which is really good considering the game costs €60. On the Nintendo store it's £180 (€235), which is €195.83 without 20% tax, and €240.86 with 23% tax so you're not really getting that bad a deal.

The XL is €230 in Smyths and ALL 3DS games are €38-€45 everywhere except Gamestop, Smyths are selling Majora's Mask for €45. So yes, it is a bad deal. Gamestop are well known for overcharging for games, especially on the 3DS and the new consoles.

The XL is €230 in Smyths and ALL 3DS games are €38-€45 everywhere except Gamestop, Smyths are selling Majora's Mask for €45. So yes, it is a bad deal. Gamestop are well known for overcharging for games, especially on the 3DS and the new consoles.

Can't argue against you with the game. Gamestop are charlatans when it comes to pricing and the €60 they're touting for MM is mad. But the price they're charging for the MM N3DSXL isn't bad for my reasons above but changing the odd numbers

Just realised that Game in the UK have their own exclusive giveaway if you preorder the normal MM:

widget_Zelda-Majoras-Mask.jpg

Paperweight

Nintendo seems to have gotten very good at taking peoples money when it comes to Zelda

I do wonder if this will become more of a collectors item since everyone seems to be trying to get that statute or the limited edition

Just realised that Game in the UK have their own exclusive giveaway if you preorder the normal MM:

widget_Zelda-Majoras-Mask.jpg

Paperweight

Nintendo seems to have gotten very good at taking peoples money when it comes to Zelda

I do wonder if this will become more of a collectors item since everyone seems to be trying to get that statute or the limited edition

I'm sure there will be lots of them on ebay and the like shortly after the game is relased and I'd imagine they won't be priced too highly because of what you alluded to with everyone after the statue but it could in time become sought after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A Paperweight. FFS :pac:

Advertisement