Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majora's Mask 3D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

COYVB wrote: »
    Mine won't be posted here :)

:rolleyes: But where will it be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think he can't advertise where he writes for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'm not sure it's against rules or anything, but rather I simply don't want to attach anything that can identify my name to this user profile. This is my boards account, and is wholly different from anything I do professionally, and I'd very much like it to stay that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

First review, Game informer, 9.25/10
    Purists will decry the changes made to Majora’s Mask no matter how slight they may be, but I am seated firmly in the “change is good” camp. It’s everything you remember, but without the boredom or frustration related to the passage of time. Majora’s Mask was a game ahead of its time in 2000, and revisiting it under this new lens only confirms that sentiment. Whether you’re returning to Termina or visiting it for the first time, Majora’s Mask 3D is the ideal way to experience this classic.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-gets-first-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

28741976.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So 10 days to get a 32 GB MicroSDHC card so I can change it before turning on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm not sure it's against rules or anything, but rather I simply don't want to attach anything that can identify my name to this user profile. This is my boards account, and is wholly different from anything I do professionally, and I'd very much like it to stay that way

carrot-and-stick.jpg

I genuinely have no idea what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I genuinely have no idea what that means

Ain't the only one. Don't get why it's a big deal that you don't want to give up your privacy and why it's not respected instead of posting cryptic messages.

So it's not just me. Phew. I thought I'd let a doozie of a zinger fly right over my head

• Advertisement

Some of the stuff they've changed, sounds different than the ocarina remake

- you no longer save by returning to the first day. You make permanent saves at owl statues.

- song of double time allows you to skip to any point in the future, rather than strict 12 hour increments

- zora swimming speed has been reduced to **** and you can only go at the normal N64 glorious fast speed by using magic shield.

- bosses have been rejigged and Twinmold battle has been completely redesigned complete with wrestling style smackdowns

- Happy mask man now gives you the bombers notebook

- bombers notebook reminds you of character events now with notifications and shows you maps of where characters will be.

- the bank is now behind the clock tower.

- two new fishing areas!

-

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

That sounds way easier picking a time instead of 12 hours. I remember waiting around for events. Which was annoying, but part of the charm and nearly always led to distractions as you waited for something to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reviews seem to be in the 80s and up.

One change I wasn't aware of that I'll admit I don't really like, though not to the point of being angry about it is
    Ice arrows can't make platforms in water except where the water is sparkling

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So it's not just me. Phew. I thought I'd let a doozie of a zinger fly right over my head

I think one personal life, professional life and their boards persona are entirely up to the individual in terms of disclosure.
    And it's no one right to call that into question, only to judge their own position.

And if you are a reviewer, good for you.
    If you care to share your views on the new console after you've tried it we will all look forward to reading it.

I think that covers it.

Not trying to back seat mod, oh great one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nothing wrong with that in any way, shape or form. Keep doing what you're doing, I enjoy your posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

So do the Nintendo uk store ship here? Can't find anything on their site.
    Will anywhere here be doing the Skull kid statue?

They don't ship here, or to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ah crap, I really want that statue. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Some stuff about the MM Statue VIA REDDIT

0fsIDM7.png

aparently if you brought an ambassador edition you can qualifiy for a skull kid statue.

Woah woah, the bottom of that. Everyone who buys majoras mask gets a skull kid statue? Thats very generous surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That's a hell of a deal if it turns out to be that. The top seems to the say the 3DS with the game, but the other paragraphs only mention the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

cloud493 wrote: »
    Woah woah, the bottom of that. Everyone who buys majoras mask gets a skull kid statue? Thats very generous surely?
    Corholio wrote:
    That's a hell of a deal if it turns out to be that. The top seems to the say the 3DS with the game, but the other paragraphs only mention the game itself.
    The other paragraphs only mention the game as this was sent out to people who purchased the New Nintendo 3DS Ambasador Edition and as such will qualify upon purchase of the game.

Not sure if this applies to consoles that have been purchased from other retailers though, as the message implies that only consoles purchased on the Official Store will qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The other paragraphs only mention the game as this was sent out to people who purchased the New Nintendo 3DS Ambasador Edition and as such will qualify upon purchase of the game.

Not sure if this applies to consoles that have been purchased from other retailers though, as the message implies that only consoles purchased on the Official Store will qualify.

Ah right, that's that cleared up so. Not the great deal I thought then, but good for anyone who got the Ambassador edition anyway....and were going to purchase the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

plus its out valentines day i see it im sorry honey i couldn't afford to get you valentines day gift because i bought videogame how dare you get yourself is it the game or me you decide im glad i dont have a girlfriend :(

Well the day before Valentine's day, no better date than a stroll round termina :cool:

day before , whos say you wont have enough money to get valentines day gift within same week you wont be paid a gain on a saturday:(

majora's mask 3d or valentines day gift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

4 days, i'm so frickin excited. Are there any chance of the shops releasing this the day before? That's when they'll receive it right?

sok2005 wrote: »
    4 days, i'm so frickin excited. Are there any chance of the shops releasing this the day before? That's when they'll receive it right?

Probably not. They'd get into trouble if they got caught, probably not worth the risk.

Some places in the UK ship on like, Tuesday, so they get stuff Wednesday or Thursday, and we never get stuff like that :mad:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Probably not. They'd get into trouble if they got caught, probably not worth the risk.

Some places in the UK ship on like, Tuesday, so they get stuff Wednesday or Thursday, and we never get stuff like that :mad:
    but that intend more expensive and going in to shop store and buy it unless you get it from gamestop, its €45 in smyths from uk retailer you lookiing €45 + €3 pp and gamestop is €50 game standard only

special edition is €80 + €3 pp for uk, and gamestop is €70

• Advertisement

Well yeah if it was being shipped here. If I was UK based, and it was £30 and free shipping, and it shipped earlier, then its the best of both worlds.

Advertisement