Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majora's Mask 3D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You need the black original 3DS model with the Zelda graphics to finish off that collection....
    I wonder who is selling an unboxed one...
    Hmm...
    If only a moderator from a forum about old games had one for sale on Adverts.....

I have a Zelda Edition SP that came with Minish Cap.... so THAT too is missing from your collections :D

Disclaimer: this is the only bit of Zelda merch Cormac owns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^and while we're on that subject, the all-gold DSlite with tri-force is also a must-have for any die-hard Zelda enthusiast :pac:

console-lite-edition-zelda-e60299.jpg

Here's that SP too :)

console-zelda-e38498.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Has anybody who ordered from GAME got their copy of the game yet, mine was shipped on Tuesday but nothing :/ Was the SE (Not with the statue but with the pin badge and steelcase)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Has anybody who ordered from GAME got their copy of the game yet, mine was shipped on Tuesday but nothing :/ Was the SE (Not with the statue but with the pin badge and steelcase)

Usually takes about a week. You should have it on Monday. My console is currently awaiting dispatch from Amazon Germany.

Also for anyone buying the new console, it uses micro SD cards and not the full size ones like the older models.

For anyone looking for the ce, amazon.fr are selling it for €50. Should end up around €62 inc shipping and the tax difference, much better than €80 from GS.

Same as, except I ordered the regular edition, delivering to parcel motel but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Update: arrived at my local parcel motel at 6:30 this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Got it for 45 squid from Smyths, as oppose to the 60 quid Game Stop were charging for it. lol Loving it so far. It's really different for the usual Zelda experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive razor sword

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Got it in GameStop because I wanted the collectors edition and couldn't order it online. Got a paperweight with it too, I think they're giving them out with the regular editions too but stocks are limited, might be worth the €55 if you really want the paperweight. It's tiny though! :pac:

Edit: I see @sok2005's post now confirming the paperweight with regular editions. :)

Just to note, mine was special edition, I'm not sure if they gave them out with regular. Really small though :)

why i cant i receive my streetpass miis from old 3ds xl red and black and old 3ds aqua blue to new !! 3ds xl majora's mask one

How's everyone getting on with it? My eye's are sore from playing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Loving it. I completed it when it first came out but never played it again, so I've forgotten most things and it's like playing it for the first time again!

Loving it. I completed it when it first came out but never played it again, so I've forgotten most things and it's like playing it for the first time again!

Yup, same here. They've definitely made it a lot more user friendly and some of the missions seem easier to me too but it's still such a complex game, I love it.

I'm heading to the mountains next to the Gorons.

you need double magic to win goron race, spring time and the boss, gold dust

finally i got a 2 hits from my other 3dses on new 3ds and majora mask 1st dungeon done plus boss and double magic

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Finally the special edition arrived from game yesterday, looking forward to starting it this evening.

Now I'm ashamed to say this but I never played majoras mask on the n64 and I have not played ocarina of time since it was released on the n64 (even though I own it on 3ds). So I'm wondering should I play ocarina of time before majoras mask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

da gamer wrote: »
    Finally the special edition arrived from game yesterday, looking forward to starting it this evening.

Now I'm ashamed to say this but I never played majoras mask on the n64 and I have not played ocarina of time since it was released on the n64 (even though I own it on 3ds). So I'm wondering should I play ocarina of time before majoras mask?

Kind of. But if you've played a zelda game before, it won't be too bad, you could go straight into majoras mask.

the remake isnt same as n64 version, everything is different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    the remake isnt same as n64 version, everything is different

Well, no, elements are different.
    The visuals are different, improved.
    The save points are there to help make it more manageable to negotiate the time warping features.
    The diary and alarms to remind you of upcoming events are fantastic.
    But the bulk of the game are the same.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, no, elements are different.
    The visuals are different, improved.
    The save points are there to help make it more manageable to negotiate the time warping features.
    The diary and alarms to remind you of upcoming events are fantastic.
    But the bulk of the game are the same.
    they switch the bottle quest on the 3rd day in ikana graveyard to witch shooting contest

they switch location of stone mask from ikana mountains to gerudo fortress

stray fairies in 1st temple some are not same spots as before

prizes completing 3 day challenges in clock town are free fishing they were 50 rupees prizes on n64

zora link use up alot of magic while swimming fast

they added extra save points in game which are book tombstones

song of time doesnt save the game anymore only owl statues only save the game

temple bosses are similar but they have extra element an 3rd eye as its weak point

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

they switch the bottle quest on the 3rd day in ikana graveyard to witch shooting contest

prizes completing 3 day challenges in clock town are free fishing they were 50 rupees prizes on n64

temple bosses are similar but they have extra element an 3rd eye as its weak point

Still doesn't add up to everything being different as you claimed in your first post

VinLieger wrote: »
    Still doesn't add up to everything being different as you claimed in your first post
    nothing major change when remake of ocarina of time on 3ds came out so why change this game

• Advertisement

Well the issue is with the fact that you said "everything is different" in your post yesterday, when in fact the only changes have been a slight graphical update and minor changes to the gameplay etc, similar to the ocarina port on 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

nothing major change when remake of ocarina of time on 3ds came out so why change this game

Why not make the changes? The game was not perfect and even if you dislike the changes just because its slightly different none of the changes make the game actually worse in any respect, so you just sound like someone complaining becuase its different not because its in any way worse

VinLieger wrote: »
    Why not make the changes? The game was not perfect and even if you dislike the changes just because its slightly different none of the changes make the game actually worse in any respect, so you just sound like someone complaining becuase its different not because its in any way worse

i like idea of new save points but i wish they didnt remove save point from song of time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In such a big game these only represent refinements to a game that was initially considered quite impenetrable to many who attempted it.

Ocarina of Time had a single modification that was arguably of much greater import than any of the ones mentioned in the Water Temple, though you claim it wasn't changed at all. But you probably knew that, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That was a good change in ocarina, crazy how the original even passed testing.

I'm really happy with the changes, I don't think I even completed the original on the N64 due to sheer frustration, now i'm almost at the end of the 3DS version, enjoying every minute of it, bar the water temple :D

We have to accept that, unlike say an art form like painting, videogame formats have evolved as have ways to implement and portray the concepts the creator has in mind.
    It would be foolish for a developer not to take these into account when generating a remaster of a classic like either OoT or MM, by the same token they have to take care not to lose what made those titles so iconic in the first place.
    And I think the 3DS remakes of both N64 LoZ titles, as well as the likes of MGS3D, Rayman 3D and Starfox 3D have done an excellent job of preserving that essence while embracing gentle improvements to smooth out what rough edges the original software possessed.

I've finish majora's mask already , and last boss
    majora's himself
    is with
    Magic milk
    2 easy

I've finish majora's mask already , and last boss majora's himself is with
    Magic milk
    2 easy

Use [ and ] not < and >

• Advertisement

i ve order a walkthrough for majora mask but ive finish this game before my walkthrough who need a walkthrough now i sure dont

Advertisement