Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handheld shower extension

• 06-11-2014 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I have two options for using shower in the bathroom.
    One is the triton t90 xr, that has a rail up for the soap dish and shower head.
    I also have a flexible shower hose and head from the bath taps, while its not ideal, the pressure is ok and with the lower pressure (lower water use) and as the heating is on now, it costs less to use the hotwater from the tank in my opinion.

My problem is that with the shower head from the bath taps in the holder rail for the electric shower, you have to be quite close to the wall to have it drain down over your head, so Im looking for some generic extension to connect that shower head to so its away from the wall.

Ive seen this extension, but it seems specific to fit its own design fittings, Im looking for something more generic ie to fit my current rail.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grohe-Relexa-Rainshower-Shower-Rail-Extension-for-Handshowers-07247-000-/281058792105

This looks ideal, as Ive seen extensions that go on the shower head handle which seems to me to make them less useable if you want to use it handheld.

Ideally, Id be getting a replacement fixed shower head with one on/off lever and thermostatic controls, for the moment Id like to have something like this, any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

anyone know of such an item that could be fitted onto a shower rail, generically? or is this a DIY query?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The problem you'll face is by adding bits you'll make the head heavier & with the heaviest part of the head further away from the pole & holder you'll put too much strain on the holder. The holder will break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The problem you'll face is by adding bits you'll make the head heavier & with the heaviest part of the head further away from the pole & holder you'll put too much strain on the holder. The holder will break.

Well, the head wont really get any heavier but I see you might mean the arm its on might be a lever?
    If the support arm as linked is used, you'd presume this looks sturdy enough to support the handle.
    Im looking for a generic version of this or has anyone come across one that can be fitted to a riser rail. The one linked seems to be specific to that brand of riser rail.

Advertisement