Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows failed to load because the system registery file is missing,or corrupt messag

Options
  • 06-11-2014 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

My Sony vaio was working perfectly up until a few minutes ago when it froze.i restarted it and then this message came after trying to enter safe mode. My computer won't start normally and I want to know:
    1.what caused it
    2.can it be fixed and will I lose all my information on my laptop or is there no hope
    3.it says I need window installation disc where can I get one or buy or can I download and burn it onto a DVD legally
    4.can it be solved without using a window installation disc
    My laptop use windows 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

You can download a windows 7 iso from "digital river" (Google it) and burn it. Then use the system recovery options. You could also try to boot into safe mode and run "fsc /scannow" command to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

degsie wrote: »
    You can download a windows 7 iso from "digital river" (Google it) and burn it. Then use the system recovery options. You could also try to boot into safe mode and run "fsc /scannow" command to see if that helps.

Can't run safe mode also how do I burn an ISO onto a DVD can I order the cd from somewhere and how much would it cost. Is there any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

To burn it you would need access to another pc with a recordable dvd drive and you need blank dvd media. Then you need software like imgburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

degsie wrote: »
    To burn it you would need access to another pc with a recordable dvd drive and you need blank dvd media. Then you need software like imgburn.

The file that is corrupted is \window\system32\config\system
    Can it be solved and is there a chance of screwing up my laptop completly?
    Also when I put in the burned installation disc what do I do next?what steps do I take do you know any tutorials online or on youtube I can view to aid me and will I retain all data I have on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Depends what the issue is... once you have the dvd in your pc (you could also create a bootable usb stick with the ISO on it) Restart your pc and see if you get prompted to boot from the dvd. If not, you might have to restart again and tap a button to show the boot menu, usually this is F12 but im not sure about Sony's but google will tell you that. Once you boot up you should get a screen like the one below, click startup repair and see if that works. If it doesnt work, try the next option, system restore, it will give a calendar and simply choose a day where you know your pc was working and it will try to restore windows to that day...it wont affect files such as office documents or pictures etc, it just restores window files. Youtube should be a good resource for you...if you stick in something like "repairing windows 7 Sony vaio" or even your error code above and look through the videos you should see step by step instructions that will help.

Windows_7_startup_repair.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement