Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon 2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Absolutely loved the Ultra race this year. We even had good weather after about 1hr30mins.

I learned from my mistakes last year and kept a relatively steady pace for the first 20k, pushed on a bit up to about 45k then held back until I hit the hell of the west. Fortunately I was able to put in a bit of an attack even hitting 4.08 min/k as I went onto the downhill section.

I can sympathise with any first timers who struggled. It's not an easy course, the section between Leenaun and the hell of the west is just horrible. It's just relentless up, down, up.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

All I can say about this is wow!!! What a brilliant day, I cannot thank the volunteers enough and everybody who participated. If anybody has any doubts about restoring their faith in humanity then this is the very thing for you.
    I cannot believe I ran my first marathon in 3.00.02 and came fourth. I'll write a review later.
    I already want to come back and run this next year. I wanted to run on home soil in conditions I grew up with, I was home, I loved every second of it and even love the pain I am still in. Thank you connemarathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

All I canarrow-10x10.png say about this is wow!!! What a brilliant day, I cannot thank the volunteers enough and everybody who participated. If anybody has any doubts about restoring their faith in humanity then this is the very thing for you.
    I cannot believe I ran my first marathon in 3.00.02 and came fourth. I'll write a review later.
    I already want to come back and run this next year. I wanted to run on home soil in conditions I grew up with, I was home, I loved every second of it and even love the pain I am still in. Thank youarrow-10x10.png connemarathon.
    Well done serious time for your first marathon on a tough enough course,them 2 seconds would kill me:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Wow what a result!!!

Congratulations, you must be over the moon, and you now have an easy target to achieve an under 3 hours marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blayney Rockets

Enjoyed every minute of the full marathon on Sunday. Big thanks and congratulations to the 3:30 pacers They did a great job run with them from mile 5 till mile 20 and dropped off slightly finishing 3:32 which I was delighted 7 minutes faster than any of my previous five marathons including Dublin last oct. Big thanks to everyone involved and the young lady from oxford on her first marathon came home 3hr: 35 was great company along the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

Enjoyed every minute of the full marathon on Sunday. Big thanks and congratulations to the 3:30 pacers They did a great job run with them from mile 5 till mile 20 and dropped off slightly finishing 3:32 which I was delighted 7 minutes faster than any of my previous five marathons including Dublin last oct. Big thanks to everyone involved and the young lady from oxford on her first marathon came home 3hr: 35 was great company along the way
    I remember her alright.
    I seem to remember the ladies more:D
    Some time for her first marathon.
    Well done on you marathon pb:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Well done DC, from one of your fellow Rockets! :)

Advertisement