Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim AC Bewley's 10 Mile Road Race 1/02/15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Cant see any detail about Sunday registrations on Trim's own site but according to Dunboyne AC website........

REGISTRATION AND NUMBER COLLECTION will be on Saturday 31 Jan from 4-7pm AND Sunday1 Feb from 9.30-11.30am at the Diocesan Hall, St Loman St Trim opposite St Patricks Church of Ireland Cathedral. Please use public car parks in the town at Castle St, Haggard St, Emmet St, Watergate St and the Long term facility on the ring road. Follow this link for the REGISTRATION HQ. Directions on approach routes to the town: http://tinyurl.com/lnf3jvm.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I have every intention of running this in the morning, but haven't entered yet.
    Is it possible to sign up in the morning? I would assume so, but just want to make sure.

I'm in the same boat. I won't know until tomorrow morning if I can make it down or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

JMSE wrote: »
    Cant see any detail about Sunday registrations on Trim's own site but according to Dunboyne AC website........

REGISTRATION AND NUMBER COLLECTION will be on Saturday 31 Jan from 4-7pm AND Sunday1 Feb from 9.30-11.30am at the Diocesan Hall, St Loman St Trim opposite St Patricks Church of Ireland Cathedral. Please use public car parks in the town at Castle St, Haggard St, Emmet St, Watergate St and the Long term facility on the ring road. Follow this link for the REGISTRATION HQ. Directions on approach routes to the town: http://tinyurl.com/lnf3jvm.

Thanks for this. I think I'll chance it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snotser1

Registration is open in the morning in the Diocesan Hall, Loman Street, 9:30 til 11:30

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Great race today that was very well organised. Great weather and a nice scenic course with all the mile markers bang on. The 7 min/mile pacer was brilliant. Will be back next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Thanks to Trim AC, really enjoyed today and the spread after. Also, ive never seen a race with mile markers so on the button! Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done to all in Trim AC, good race and agree about the mile markers, dead on the money. Good spread laid on afterwards in the Race HQ and plenty of stewards along the route stopping traffic.

However, the course wasn't as flat as one was lead to believe. I counted about 4 drags/small hills on the route but I'd asked one of the locals who told me about them in advance so I was prepared. Still quite a fast course in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Aero2k dipping under 60 mins. Well done, first sub 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

tunguska wrote: »
    Aero2k dipping under 60 mins. Well done, first sub 60?

Yep, thanks for the interest Eoin.

My previous best was actually 60:43 set in Craughwell in 2011 on a similar course in much better conditions. I think Pauline Curley ran about 59min that day. I ran with her today until just after 6 miles when she got a bit of a gap on me - I wad determined to ensure the sub 60 so I didn't gamble on trying to stay with her. Probably just as well as she put 40 sec into me in less than 4 miles.

I was happy enough though as I did a hard (by my standards) 15 miles last Sun, a speed session on Tue, and a brisk enough (again by my standards) 10 mile easy run on Thurs. My back has been playing up for most of Jan but it was very well behaved today. My HR was only about 3bpm higher than I'd expect for a marathon, so 10 weeks out from Rotterdam that's not a bad situation to be in.

I'll do a race report later, but just to echo others' comments: terrific course, mile markers bang on, and the sub 60 pacer was fantastic.

How is life with you, what's next up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great race today that was very well organised. Great weather and a nice scenic course with all the mile markers bang on. The 7 min/mile pacer was brilliant. Will be back next year!
    Thanks to Trim AC, really enjoyed today and the spread after. Also, ive never seen a race with mile markers so on the button! Very well done.
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Well done to all in Trim AC, good race and agree about the mile markers, dead on the money. Good spread laid on afterwards in the Race HQ and plenty of stewards along the route stopping traffic.

However, the course wasn't as flat as one was lead to believe. I counted about 4 drags/small hills on the route but I'd asked one of the locals who told me about them in advance so I was prepared. Still quite a fast course in my opinion.
    aero2k wrote: »

My previous best was actually 60:43 set in Craughwell in 2011 on a similar course in much better conditions. I think Pauline Curley ran about 59min that day. I ran with her today until just after 6 miles when she got a bit of a gap on me - I wad determined to ensure the sub 60 so I didn't gamble on trying to stay with her. Probably just as well as she put 40 sec into me in less than 4 miles.

I was happy enough though as I did a hard (by my standards) 15 miles last Sun, a speed session on Tue, and a brisk enough (again by my standards) 10 mile easy run on Thurs. My back has been playing up for most of Jan but it was very well behaved today. My HR was only about 3bpm higher than I'd expect for a marathon, so 10 weeks out from Rotterdam that's not a bad situation to be in.

I'll do a race report later, but just to echo others' comments: terrific course, mile markers bang on, and the sub 60 pacer was fantastic.

How is life with you, what's next up?

+1 to all the good reviews.
    Definitely a good thing having Bewleys as a sponsor too.
    I had enough coffee & chocolate biscuit cake for three people!
    Will more than likely be back next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sounds like one for the diary next year. Much like next months Bohermeen HM, this is a new race that get's it right from the off. Some great races in Meath it has to be said.

G O'H vs Tom Hogan should make a good race in the Doandea 50k in 2 weeks and the ladies race looks very close too based on some of the times posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Thought I was the wise owl parking down at Trim Castle carpark, whatever about it being a handy walk from the registration it was 25 mins back there from the finish if you add in the wrong turns I took. Couldnt run to the car coz my calves kept cramping maybe with the cold I dont know. Baltic. But well done to Trim for a well run event on good roads, 8minute pacer - thanks very much. Felt sorry for the runners coming in around 85mins on coz Precision lost their clock for about 6 or 7mins, gonna be a few who dont really know what their times were.

Next year I park in the industrial estate before the herd get there, looked like you could still get in there at 11.30

Did 78mins 40secs, happy to set that as my 1st 10miler pb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

menoscemo wrote: »
    G O'H vs Tom Hogan should make a good race in the Doandea 50k in 2 weeks and the ladies race looks very close too based on some of the times posted.

Throw in Philip Harty too. Who's your money on? Although 10 mile results probably mean f!ck all when running a 50km!

Sounds like a fantastic race. One for next year hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Throw in Philip Harty too. Who's your money on? Although 10 mile results probably mean f!ck all when running a 50km!

Sounds like a fantastic race. One for next year hopefully.

I heard harty is not gonna make it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

As others have said this was a fantastic race - really well organised, nice course and superb spread afterwards. Well done Trim AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Also echoing the other posters so far - a very enjoyable race, well organised and a good course. Weather was great once the run got going, though that industrial estate appears to be built in a natural arctic wind tunnel - the last 500m or so up to the finish were the worst part of the race.

I did a PB of 1:19:03, which I'm very happy with. I mostly stayed in the neighbourhood of the 1:20 pacer and got a little ahead to bank some time. Sounds like I missed out on a good spread afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

aero2k wrote: »

That's a very impressive run, I mean you seem to be getting faster as the years go by. Sub 2:50 in rotterdamn for sure.
    I'm good, just kind of ticking over, would like to have done that race actually, sounds like a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Race report here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Date for next year is 7th of February '16, start at 12pm following same route as last year. Details and entry open on Trim AC's website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement