Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart Usage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Out of interest, what time do you need to leave your house in the morning, how long are peoples door to door commute times to allow for walking, parking etc

Eden Gate - IFSC
    7.15 - 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Holy smokes, assuming you work 5 days a week,48 weeks a year that's a minimum cost of 2160 Euro to use the dart. Fares keep going up because not many people would be willing to pay that price, I wouldn't dream of using it as I am paying for a car every year regardless so may as well use it......added petrol bill would be no where near 2 grand. I can never get my head around the logic of charging more for distance travelled on public transport. A dart will run from Greystones to howth regardless of it having 1 person on board or 1000. There should be a flat rate fare (about3 Euro)therefore actually making it appealing to use the service which will fill trains outside of commuter times. Increasing customer base is the key, not increasing prices constantly.

It won't happen. crooked businessmen like the government and banks.

Anyway it is 35€ cap a week for the Leap card although I don't think they have made a monthly cap. so it isn't 2160 for the year.

Advertisement