Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Plan

Options
  • 06-11-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi All, not sure if there is another thread if so please merge.
    Had a 32 week check up in hospital yesterday not only did they find a glucose reading in my urine of +3 which means I have to go to hospital next wednesday for a few hours for the GTT, my midwife also asked me to start doing up a birth plan, can anyone give me some tips of what to put on it, thanks :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Birth plan is preferences.

So, on mine I had, "No Pethidine please, other pain relief is welcome".
    I had an unpleasant reaction to pethidine previously.

It's hard to know to be honest, especially on a first baby, unless you want something specific, like music being played, or a tens machine. You don't really know how it's going to go.

I don't think I had anything down for my first, except a note about cord blood being retained for a study... and a number for the midwife to call about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I had written down with hubby: want no epidural if possible, want skin to skin contact at birth and that was it really!!! Plans go out the window!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Www.aims.ie has a very indepth template of one you could modify.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just write down your preferences.
    No epidural and everything as natural as possible was my request.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Thanks all, ginny that link is not working

• Advertisement
Advertisement