Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook

Options
  • 06-11-2014 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this. I'm considering buying a chromebook. It's only for web browsing, the odd bit of word processing, checking emails etc.

Has anybody got one of these? What do you think of them. I don't really want a tablet, so I think this is a good alternative.

This is the one I was thinking of:
    Amazon

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

we've had one in the house for about 2 years now and its absolutely fantastic. It's always fast and have to say I've very impressed with it. Yes it's limited (no Skype natively for example) but I believe there is a work around for that through web browsers. It's light, good battery and does exactly what we need it to do. Very impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can anyone recommend a Chromebook for me.
    • I am looking for a Chromebook with a screen size around 11.6 inches.
    • It must be light. Preferably around 1.1 KG.
    • I don't like the Acer ones.
    • I want a modern one not the old Samsung model.
    • Must have a nice keyboard / look.

Thoughts? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

JTMan wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Chromebook for me.
    • I am looking for a Chromebook with a screen size around 11.6 inches.
    • It must be light. Preferably around 1.1 KG.
    • I don't like the Acer ones.
    • I want a modern one not the old Samsung model.
    • Must have a nice keyboard / look.

Thoughts? Thanks.

I went for this in the end, very happy with it. We actually ended up buying 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Free Hat

We have a Chromebase in our house, which is excellent. I'm probably going to replace my laptop soon and am contemplating getting the new 15 inch Acer Chromebook. The only hesitation is whether or not Windows 10 is going to be a big improvement on Windows 8. I still use Office for course work but I can switch to Google Docs for that if necessary.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement