Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fascinator...yes or no?!

• 06-11-2014 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    Have a wedding tomorrow and am looking for your opinions as whether or not to wear a fascinator.
    Its an invitation from my partners side. A friend & neighbour.
    While I've met the groom a couple of times before I wouldnt really know the couple that well.
    Am just wondering are fascinators more appropriate attire reserved for family and closer friends??
    TIA for your opinions...
    PS...the reception is in a fancyish spot?! Lough Rynn Castle...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

To be very honest I am not really a fan of fascinators anymore. I cant even put my finger on what it is that i dont like but i just havent seen someone wearing one and thought they looked well on them in a long time, i feel like they are a bit dated? This is all my opinion and i am sure other people think they look great!

In terms of close family or not? I dont think it makes a huge difference but i can see your point.

I would just leave it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes I am not fond of them either. But if you want to wear it and the venue is a fancy one, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not personally a fan, just drag yourself backwards through a hedge and leave whatever sticks. That's how fascinators appear to me.

But more seriously, a fascinator is essentially a slimmed down hat. So feel free to wear one if your outfit suits one, i.e. Formal enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

dudara wrote: »
    Not personally a fan, just drag yourself backwards through a hedge and leave whatever sticks. That's how fascinators appear to me.

But more seriously, a fascinator is essentially a slimmed down hat. So feel free to wear one if your outfit suits one, i.e. Formal enough

I am afraid I share the sentiment about fascinators but even that aside, I think they are very summery accessory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I personally love them. The bigger the better! I feel so dressed up and polished, and it really finishes off an outfit. It's not often I get a chance to go all out, but when I do, I'm taking it ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement