Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to return item

Options
  • 06-11-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Right o
    I bought a cd player from argos to play music in baby's room.

Was reduced from.47 euro to 39 lovely thought I got a bargain.

Ok so the problem is that the music cannot be heard playing because of the noise of the cd spinning in the player.

It's not a cd issue as I bought a new lullaby cd.
    And tried other cd's
    So the issue is. I'm not happy with product as the noise of the player is louder than the actual music being played.

So i want to bring it back to shop
    I presume I can because it's " not fit for purpose "

Any advice
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

how long have you had it and do you have the receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Argos are brilliant for returns, they have a no quibble policy and they don't ask a barrage of questions or make you jump through hoops for a replacement/refund. As long as you have your receipt you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Argos are brilliant for returns, they have a no quibble policy and they don't ask a barrage of questions or make you jump through hoops for a replacement/refund. As long as you have your receipt you'll be grand :)

Bought it yesterday at 610 pm.
    Put music on at 6.50pm
    Turned it off at 730 pm as the bloody noise of it was terrible!

Lovely thanks for the replies I have receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

youll be grand, as the postman says they are pretty good with returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

You won't have any problem then. I picked up a baby star projector last week, got it home and when I switched it on, the light strength wasn't even strong enough to reach the ceiling. When I checked the online reviews a lot of people had complained about the same thing. Brought it back in the box the next day and they refunded me without even checking it. I bought a slow cooker in there a few months back and it was pure crap, food was still uncooked after 12 hours (I know the whole concept of slow cooking but this really took the biscuit :rolleyes:) Brought the unit back 2 weeks later with only the receipt as the box was long gone. Told them it was so slow that I'd be better off cooking the food on the radiator and the changed it for me no bother without even checking it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

CD players are inherently somewhat noisy so you might not get a quieter one, but return away as what's said above is true, Argos are very easy to deal with on returns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Argos are one of the most hassle free shops to make a return to in my experience once you have proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

That's good I had visions of myself trying to explain and demonstrate how it was too noisy!!!

Advertisement