Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick mum and five children told ‘go to hostel’

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

sup_dude wrote: »
    Series of bad mistakes?
    Controlling partner?
    Failed contraception?
    All from the same father who left/died?

Plenty of reasons, none of them have to be about the mother being a scrounger.

yeah, but in this particular case, if any of those were true you can be damn sure it would have been mentioned in the article cause they'd make for good sobbing....

so if she needs to spend a few months in a hostel to teach her a few hard realities well then that's just fine and dandy with me

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Good luck to herself and the fam =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

eviltwin wrote: »
    If he is making the choice to walk away without any financial aid to his offspring then yes, it must not be that big a deal. You seem to have a real problem with women. You should get help for that.

I was waiting for you to start with the personal attacks. You know nothing about me. You however had plenty of cases explained to you about how psychotic women stole a mans sperm from a used condom or blowjob and made themselves pregnant deliberately often older women raping minors to get pregnant and then sue for child support yet you have no feelings of empathy for those men. I call that a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

and you think it is easy for a man to emotionally detach himself when he is spermjacked and cheated out of his future ? it is nonsense to claim women are emotional wrecks from taking a contraceptive pill or a morning after pill.

Women are cold as ice when they choose to be. they will have their abortions , use their contraception etc when they want to and a man has to sit back and suffer the emotional consequences if he doesnt want this to happen. If they know they cant control a mans life legally it might make them more responsible. And I am not talking about removing their freedom to choose. I am referring to their unfair power to use their choice to control a mans life, the life of a man who they cheated by breaking an agreement.

No contraception is 100% effective, even the morning after pill isn't. What about when contraception is used and fails through no fault of either party? I don't know what world you live in but I would imagine the cases of devious women trapping men into fathering children are few and far between.

If a man wants to be 100% sure he doesn't father a child then don't have sex. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was waiting for you to start with the personal attacks. You know nothing about me.

And you know nothing about the single parents out there. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I am speaking about a situation where an agreement was made in advance not to or never to have kids, yet the woman goes ahead and does it anyway. She cheats him and he is forever after victim blamed by the system. Nobody just ''gets pregnant'' miraculously in this day and age.

I know of a situation where the woman did actually get pregnant despite them using condoms (correctly) and she wasn't planning it, and was devastated when it happened. You saying it doesn't happen is bullsh1t.

And I personally don't want kids, but if I found out in the morning that I was pregnant, despaired as I might be, I personally wouldn't have an abortion because I couldn't live with knowing I had taken someone's life. And bringing a child into the world would be the lesser of two evils.

eviltwin wrote: »
    And you know nothing about the single parents out there. Go figure.

Thats a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I was waiting for you to start with the personal attacks. You know nothing about me. You however had plenty of cases explained to you about how psychotic women stole a mans sperm from a used condom or blowjob and made themselves pregnant deliberately often older women raping minors to get pregnant and then sue for child support yet you have no feelings of empathy for those men. I call that a problem.

Because that happens all the time and isn't a very rare occurance. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well then it's up to her to provide a home for her children , just like most parents do for their kids

... has been told to vacate her rented property at Lissanalta Close in Dooradoyle on several occasions after a receiver was appointed when the owner got into financial difficulties.

Seems to me like she was providing a home for her children.

• Advertisement

I know of a situation where the woman did actually get pregnant despite them using condoms (correctly) and she wasn't planning it, and was devastated when it happened. You saying it doesn't happen is bullsh1t.

And I personally don't want kids, but if I found out in the morning that I was pregnant, despaired as I might be, I personally wouldn't have an abortion because I couldn't live with knowing I had taken someone's life. And bringing a child into the world would be the lesser of two evils.

Abortion is illegal in this country. I was using it as an example of how women have more choices than men.

However in case 1 above, there are the possibility of pills you can take as emergency contraception. This all boils down to the type of agreement a man and woman make with each other. If she agrees to avoid pregnancy under all circumstances then I would find her getting pregnant to be cheating the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

And on that note, I think we're done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement