Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net::ERR_TIMED_OUT

Options
  • 06-11-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey there,

I'm playing Guild Wars 2 and I have a problem. For trading services between players and in-game store, Guild Wars 2 uses Awesomium. Few days ago got a new internet connection, UPC one. Since then, the store/trading post's in-game window doesn`t work anymore, and I'm getting the net::ERR_TIMED_OUT.

If I`m tethering from my phone (Tesco connection), it does work. Ipv4 connection. But UPC, IPv6, doesn`t work. Tried to put down firewall on UPC (Technicolor TC7200.U) but nothing.

Any idea?

PS: I am not a native English speaker, I apologize for any grammar mistakes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UPC have enabled "Dual Stack Lite" in some areas. This gives you an ipV6 address and shares a single ipV4 between X number of end users. Its a form of carrier grade NAT. Esentially you are "Double NAT'd".

You have two options:
    Call UPC and give them **** till they undo it
    Use a VPN (will likely cause 20ms+ extra latency on games, probably more)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorin

ED E wrote: »
    You have two options:
    Call UPC and give them **** till they undo it
    Use a VPN (will likely cause 20ms+ extra latency on games, probably more)

Do I have any chance to be reverted back to IPv4 if I'm gonna call UPC? Did any of you have problems with IPv6 business and UPC was kind enough to change it back?

VPN doesn`t sound like a deal. That latency gonna make me wanna kill bunnies in City Center :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Roll out for IPV6 addresses is in progress but as we've mentioned, if anyone is seeing an issue with IPV4 only services we can review these on a case by case basis. If their modem has been assigned an IPV6 address we can revert them back to an IPV4 address if needed in order to accomodate.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057282895/4

Advertisement