Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wine kit to be drunk at Xmas?

Options
  • 06-11-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all,
    as is my wont I started to think about my Xmas brew(s) coming up to Halloween, and it occurred to me that I might try wine this year. However, it seems from the little bit of reading that I have done that I'm starting a bit late. I like the sound of the Sadler's Reserve 28-day Cab Sauv kit but I would barely have it in the bottle by the holidays and from what I hear it would need a few weeks if not months to mature before doing itself justice.

Can anyone recommend a red wine kit which would be better in 6 weeks time, even if not as good over a longer period?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CaptainAhab

Try the Sadlers reserve Merlot/Shiraz - it will also get better with age but I found it very drinkable after 6 weeks..

Advertisement