Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar tips

Options
  • 06-11-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi I've hit a plateau.. well it was bound to happen, I've been playing for about 6 years now and basically all I've done is memorized a few intros chords and fingerpicking..
    I dont actually know anything behind the playing only the sequence of putting your fingers to the strings..
    I do know the pentatonic scale and now whenever I go to solo or mess around on the guitar its just hammering on and doing the same thing over the guitar neck..

I want to actually learn to PLAY not imitate, how should I go about doing so?
    I want to be able to play different genres of music too not just the usual which for me is Eric Clapton some hendrix and nearly every john mayer song.
    I want to be able to actually think for myself when playing instead of just tab reading..

How should I go about this?
    Cheers

Advertisement