Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

journal articles online

Options
  • 06-11-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anybody know how to access journal articles online on the UL library site? I have been trying from home and I used to be able to see them but now some yoke comes up where I have to say what college I’m going to (UL/Mary I) and even when I enter that it won’t let me see the article. Do you have to be on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Glucksmans Library > Databases > S > Sciencedirect

If that doesn't work straight away then

Sciencedirect > view article > check availability > university of limerick > login

• Company Representative Posts: 5 Verified rep ULlibrary

Hi there, we can help you if we know exactly what you were trying to access but chimaera is right, follow the link they sent for off campus access to library material.

-UL Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Well an example of articles I cannot access would be ''Only 'Victim' Workers Need Unions?: Perceptions of Trade Unions amongst Young Australians''

It says 'full text online' but when I go into it, the following page comes up, and even selecting University of Limerick makes no difference. :(
    http://search.proquest.com.proxy.lib.ul.ie/docview/61770707?pq-origsite=summon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Well an example of articles I cannot access would be ''Only 'Victim' Workers Need Unions?: Perceptions of Trade Unions amongst Young Australians''

It says 'full text online' but when I go into it, the following page comes up, and even selecting University of Limerick makes no difference. :(
    http://search.proquest.com.proxy.lib.ul.ie/docview/61770707?pq-origsite=summon

Some journals are not included in UL's subscription. With others the subscription to digital editions only spans a certain timeframe, you may find that older copies are available in hardcopy in the journals area of the library.

If you really need an article, then you can look at getting an inter-library loan for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement