Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walrus pumps - attic or shower pump for hallway

• 06-11-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

A plumber has recommended a Walrus 2.0 bar pump (I don't have the exact model number) placed in the attic (sound dampened as much as possible). This would be to pressurise water coming from our attic tank (hot and cold water). Throughout the day, in the attic may not be a problem, but at night it might be because it's over our back bedroom.

I've been told it's quiet running, but I can't find any information on noise ratings or generally the kind of volume it throws out when running.

We're deciding whether to go with an attic pump that pressurises the whole system (all hot and cold water for showers, toilet cistern, washbasin, kitchen sink) comes from the tank(s), or to go with the more traditional shower pump only that gets used only when we're showering and would be placed in the hot press (and even still, we'd be looking for a pump that does the job and sticks to below 55db.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement