Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

migration agents - should you use

Options
  • 06-11-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone have experience of using migration agents to help with sponsorship and work visa?

Have been on global-migrate website and they seem to offer help sourcing companies who sponsor people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

For 457 visa I wouldn't bother tbh. Expensive for something you can quite easily do yourself.

I have to use one for my PR visa app as they are used by my company. They give some useful advice here and there but there is absolutely no way I would pay for their service out of my own pocket. You still have to gather all documents, answer the same questions etc, even if you get an agent.

If you are really stuck you could have a one-off consultation for some guidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Anyone have experience of using migration agents to help with sponsorship and work visa?

Have been on global-migrate website and they seem to offer help sourcing companies who sponsor people.

As Jackbhoy says agents in general are personal choice.

You did mention Global-migrate agency in particular, for your own sake you should research any agency that claim they can get you a sponsor very carefully.

So do yourself a favor and search Pomsinoz.com for any agency you are thinking of.

For example

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/148212-global-migrate.html

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Thanks mandrake04 for that link. In fairness the company were not giving me false hope, they laid out exactly what they would do. They did say that they would look at my CV first to see if it matched the skills list before anything else and I certainly would not pay anything before I knew this. I suppose that is where my dilemma lies I am unsure if my skills match the list. I have HR, Coaching, Mediation, Investigations, Training experience so it is not as specific as anything else. I don't believe I could get in on HR as I would not be familiar with their legislation and employment law. I am aware research is required and that is why I posted here to get others experiences so once again thank you for your reply.

Advertisement