Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Danger of Aconitum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The Day of the Triffids begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Well I never heard that, I wonder if he had some dreadful allergy?
    Is it on the poison plants list?
    I have terrible skin reactions to certain plants and know not to touch them

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Aconitum is a wonderfull gracefull plant and it looks amazing in late July and also in October when its vivid tinged white,blue purple flowers really give the garden a kick of colour.I bought alot of Stainless Steel and also Carmichaelli off a local Nursery and planted them in clumps around the garden.I know they are poisonous but a pair of gardening gloves sorts that out.The splendid colour of it in July and in late October far outweighs any danger to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have had monkshood for over 30 years. I handle it without gloves and never had a problem. This is all news to me. Being the Mail I'm not taking it too seriously.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

If we all really that worried about poisonous plants and flowers then none of us would ever do any gardening or go out into the countryside and enjoy it.Its good to know what is poisonous,but just because its poisonous doesnt mean that we should not plant these various trees,plants and flowers and enjoy their splendour and beauty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement